𝐗𝐕𝐈 || 𝐀𝐜𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Y/n has stopped reading the Daily Prophet that contains news about the Malfoy & Greengrass Engagement. She didn't want to hurt herself anymore and this was one of the ways to get over her remaining feelings for him. She knew that she still has remaining feelings for him and that it hurts her even just by looking at Draco, unlike Draco who was still confused about whether he still had feelings for her or not.

The weather was calm, the birds were chirping their tune, and the tree danced with the wind. Marigold was playing dollhouse in the living room whilst Y/n and her mother, Mrs Bennett, were baking strawberry and blueberry tarts in the kitchen.

"Mommy!" Marigold called, running to the kitchen.

"Yes, dearest?" Y/n clapped her hands to remove the excess flour on her hands and sat Marigold on the tall stool.

"Can I help, Mommy?" Marigold asked with pleading eyes.

"Of course, sweetheart." She cooed. "Be careful, alright? You might get hurt. Now, can you hand me over the bowl of suga—"

Before Y/n could ask Marigold to hand the sugar over to her, Marigold dived her hands into the small sack of flour in front of her.

"Lottie!" Y/n gasped, but this only made Marigold utter a giggle that filled the room.

Mrs Bennet ran over to the kitchen island when he heard her daughter gasp. However, instead of looking at her grandchild in shock, she laughed, especially when the little girl scratched her nose and a spot of flour was left on it and even on her left cheek.

"Oh, Goldie." Mrs Bennett laughed. "You played with the flour."

"But it looks fluffy, nonna," Marigold stated whilst wiping her hands on her dress to wipe the flour off of her hands.

Mrs Bennet placed her hand on her daughter's back and told her that she can take over for a while so that Y/n could clean her daughter.

"Come here, Lottie." Y/n placed her hands on Marigold's underarm and carried her. "Let's get you cleaned."

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Draco was looking at the stars above him from the balcony of his room. It has been years since he last had this moment, a moment where he finds calmness by only gazing up to the night sky whilst the stars twinkled like tiny gems. Years ago, Y/n and he would sneak up to the Astronomy Tower and would gaze upon the night sky, not caring about the school curfew. They have been lucky, for they have never been caught.

"Draco?" A voice made Draco flinch to the door and saw her mother standing there. "You have been out in here for quite a long time. The Greengrass family are here now. You must come down and greet them."

He sighed and fixed his tie as he walked inside to get his coat.

"You were thinking of her, were you?" His mother suddenly asked whilst his back was facing her.

"Astoria? It is normal to think of my fianc-"

"I am not referring to her. I'm referring to someone." She stated. "Draco, you do know you have a choice. Admit it, you still have feelings for her."

"It has been 4 years, mother. I do not have any feelings for her anymore."

"Blaise told me about when you encountered her at the Ministry and told me that you looked at her like you still have feelings for her." His mother, Narcissa, told. "He stated that it is not the way you look at Astoria."

"I admit that I was nervous when I first saw her after 4 years and it still doesn't mean that I still have feelings for her. She has moved on and so should I too." He slipped his arms into the sleeves of his coat. "And I must mention that she and Michael are a thing."

Narcissa sighed, not in the fact that Michael and Y/n are dating because she doesn't believe it unless she heard it from his nephew, but due to the fact that Draco doesn't even realize that he still has feelings for her. He started to deny and reject his own feelings that he felt toward Y/n and choose to accept the woman that his father bestowed on him.

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Y/n had thought it through and through and she accepted the fact that Draco isn't going to come back to her, especially when he looks so determined that the wedding is going to happen. Her heart was always convincing her that he still loves her, but right now, it was time for her to disregard those feelings and choose to move on.

The leaves of the trees rustled as the wind comes by to say hello and Y/n was sitting down on a wooden bench nearby a pond with Marigold by her side at a muggle park. She has called for Michael to come over too, for she wanted to tell him about something regarding to his proposal a week ago.

"Mommy, uncle Michael's here!" Her daughter effused, pointing at Michael who was walking with a wide smile on his face upon seeing her niece.

"Hello there, Goldie." Michael grinned as he sat down next to the young girl. "Why'd call me all of the sudden?" He asked Y/n. "Is something wrong?"

But before Y/n could answer Michael's question, she told her daughter to go to the pond and watch for the ducklings swimming with their mother. She knew how her daughter is fond of the little ducks swimming on the pond and hearing their quacks.

"Did Draco found out?" Michael suddenly asked.

"No, it's not that." Y/n sighed whilst watching Marigold wave hello to the ducks.

"Then why did you suddenly want to meet me?" He asked again.

"You do remember your proposal a week ago, is it not?"

"I do, but what about it?"

Y/n was contemplating her decisions. She knew that her decision may change everything or may hurt her but she knew that it's for the best, for it may help him get over Draco. But of course, she mostly decided this for the sake of her own daughter, for Marigold needs to have a father figure. And yes, Michael and Draco may be cousins but she knew that they won't see much since they will live in a different house. Maybe perhaps far from London.

"I'll accept your proposal." She said and Michael was surprised from her decision.

"But Y/n, are you sure? And please, if you pity me, you shouldn't be making a decision like this."

"Michael, I'm doing this for Lottie." She said calmly.

"And it's because you want to get over him, is it not?"

She went speechless for a moment, then spoke, "It just hurts me, Mike."

Michael sighed, for he doesn't want Y/n to push herself on marrying him. He felt guilty for some reasons because he felt like he was forcing her.

"Am I not forcing you?" He questioned.

"No, it is for the sake of Lottie."