𝐗𝐋𝐈𝐕 || 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐧 𝐕𝐚𝐬𝐞

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

"Lottie, dear, come here. I still need to do your hair." He chuckled whilst setting down two hair ties and the comb on the white vanity table.

Marigold ran to his father, giggling and carrying a storybook in her hand, and sat down on the chair as Draco grabbed the comb and ran it softly through her hair. He remembered when he would always willingly do this to Y/n years ago. He started practising on a wig he secretly bought so that he could do Y/n's hair back then and in the future. Although, that is when they both thought that they'd end up marrying each other.

"Papa?" Marigold effused, looking at her father in the mirror.

"Yes, Lottie?" He smiled, as he traced her scalp, equally parting her hair.

"I know how to read! Mama taught me." She gleefully said. "Do you want to hear, Papa? Oh please, Papa!"

"Sure, why not, sweetheart." He chuckled, continuing to braid her hair. And yes, indeed, this young man knows how to braid. In their years in Hogwarts, he would voluntarily braid her mother's hair whilst she was helping with her assignments. Sometimes, he would do it in the morning before their class. He misses those days, indeed.

"Once upon a time..." Marigold started, slightly stuttering while reading. "There lived a fairy in a magical forest..."

There was a hint of amusement drawn all over his face. Amazed, he is, indeed, especially when she has parents, who have intelligent minds that people admire. Her father ranked 2nd and her mother ranked 3rd in their years at Hogwarts. Perhaps, when the time comes for Marigold to enter Hogwarts, she'll become one of the brightest students of the Institute.

"How old were you when your mother started teaching you to read?" Draco asked.

"Three." She said, indicating it with her fingers. "Mommy said I improved a lot over the months." A wide smile was visible on her face.

Three??? Like her mother? Indeed, her mother started to learn how to read at the age of three, for she was an eager child to know so much about the world. It is no wonder why she was one of the brightest witches in their school in those years, and she is still as bright as she is now, and it is no wonder why she is friends with Hermione Granger. He was still astonished until now that she even created a new spell for her pastry boxes.

"You'll become a genius, Lottie." He said, tying her hair after braiding it. "Like Papa."

"Mama." She tried correcting him.

He cleared his throat and spoke again, taking pride in himself, "I have great intelligence too, Lottie."

"But I want to be like Mommy." She looked up to him.

A chuckle left his lips as he carried the little girl from the chair and sat her down on his hips.

"I guess I can't change your mind."

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

The living room was quite messy after only playing for 15 minutes with her dolls. Her books were scattered on the green carpet along with her plush toys and dolls, her rocking horse was left behind the emerald couch, and her tea party set toy was on the coffee table. All she was doing now was pretending to fly a broom, a small broom that Draco made for her, until...

She accidentally broke the porcelain vase when the bristles of the broom hit the legs of the accent table.

She froze, looking at the broken vase on the floor, not knowing what to do. But her head flinched at the door when she heard footsteps coming nearby.

"What in the heavens? What did you do?" Mr. Malfoy stood there, mad at his own grandchild. "Are you blind?"

Marigold started to whimper. Her eyes began to form tears in her eyes and her mouth quivered, frightened by the angry voice of his grandfather.

"I'm sorry, Grandpa." She sobbed.

"You do not dare to call me that." He fumed. "I never even considered you as my grandchild."

Then Draco just arrived in time, carrying the snacks that he prepared for Marigold and standing in the doorway. He was unaware of what was happening in what beholds him until he eyed down on the broken vase on the floor. Marigold was only silently crying, which is why Draco was unable to hear it and the kitchen was too far for him to hear the vase fall. As for Mr Malfoy, well he was only nearby when he heard the vase fall.

"You, child, is no grandchild of mine. You have filth stained in your blood. It is no wonder why you badly behave." He spat, looking down so coldly at the child.

Draco stormed inside the living room, smashing the tray down on the nearby table and walked to Marigold, holding her hand and putting her behind him.

"You do not have any right to call her that." Draco raged. His eyes were looking at his father's eyes as if there were fire ranging into his eyes.

"She should be disciplined, Draco. No child of yours should behave so indecent." Mr Malfoy said coldly, making the child become more frightened of the man, who does not consider her as his grandchild. So, the little girl let her father's hand go and ran outside, crying.

Draco didn't want his child to be treated the same way he was treated as a child. He didn't want his child to become as vile as he was when he hated her and the trio in their first and second years. He didn't want his child to develop a fear of not being able to fit in the standards she must reach as a child, carrying the blood of the Malfoys.

"She's merely a child!" He rasped. "She didn't mean to break the vase. It was only an accident."

"Draco, don't tell me you wanted to raise her to become a disgrace to this family."

"She will never be a disgrace, not ever in her entire life." His eyes pierced into his father's eyes. If there were other people in the room, they could tell Draco's blood was boiling. It is as if he is on the verge of punching his own father, but he couldn't. "She still carries our blood and should not be treated that way. Have you no compassion at all, Father? And even if you do not care for her at all, you shouldn't have done that. Tell me, are you going to treat her as how you treated me as a child?"

Mr Malfoy fell silent but stared at his son coldly.

"That's what I thought." Then he stormed out of the room to search for his little girl.

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Draco finally found her in his office, sitting with her legs curled up in her arms and facing the wall. Y/n had mentioned that every time she felt at fault, even if it was just an accident, she would sit, face the wall, and cry. So he let out a deep breath, walked closer to her, and sat down next to her.

"Lottie?" Draco gently rubbed her back and pulled her closer to him, making her sit on his leg.

He was supposed to be getting ready to meet Astoria here in the Malfoy Manor, but he chose to comfort her instead, for she is more precious than anyone in the world. It is indeed that Astoria has already met the little girl weeks ago when Marigold had her first stay in the Malfoy Manor. She finds her quite charming and adorable. So she is quite fond of the young girl, even though she has a hard time getting along with her.

"I'm sorry about my father." He said, frowning and wiping her tears with the sleeve of his white long-sleeved button shirt. "Do you want to go out and eat ice cream for a while?"

Her eyes lightened up for a bit, her nose was still red and even her eyes, as she nodded.

"Alright," He smiled, giving her a kiss on her forehead. "Let's get you dressed."