𝐋𝐈𝐕 || 𝐖𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

London was already covered with white snow, making the city look like it was being carried by a large cloud. Marigold has been long waiting for this season. She even went out of the cottage when she heard on the radio that the first snow would fall, which happened last evening of Monday. She also brought her little fury friend along with her to watch it together.

Other than that, it has been weeks since Y/n and Draco had the conversation, agreeing never to step inside of their boundaries to avoid any gossip around the Wizarding world. But How does he come to take Marigold to his house and bring him back to the Bennett's Cottage? Well, he just came to the cottage, and Y/n was there, of course, and it was just the same as before, but the feelings were just different. They still act warm with each other when Marigold is there, but never when she isn't there. It's like Summer turned Winter so quickly.

The bare thought of their conversation last Autumn distracted her from almost everything. She felt like they had broken up all over again. It pained her indeed. She would even cry at night in her room and smile during the day just to not let Marigold know she was not okay. Draco was the same. He would cry in the evening and has turned into his old cold self like he was before Y/n came into his life during the days when Marigold wasn't around. Astoria and his mother have also noticed he has been down lately.

However, despite what has happened, Y/n decided to move on and focus on the only person she has given importance to, her child. They decided just this morning to go for a walk in Diagon Alley because she wanted Marigold to experience the joy in Diagon Alley during Winter.

"Mommy, look!" Marigold pointed at the Wizard, who was casting small fireworks in front of the audience, amazed at what he was doing.

Y/n gave out a chuckle as she led her daughter there to see the Wizard's tricks because, for her, all that heals her is seeing her little girl smile.

After watching the Wizard do his tricks, they took their little trip into a little bookshop, where they would always buy books, to buy Marigold a new book for her to learn to read. No, it wasn't Flourish and Blotts. It was a bookshop that sold only fictional books, never nonfiction. This is where most muggle fairytale books were sold too.

They had finally made their way out of the bookshop when Marigold suddenly pulled her mother to the vendor, who was selling cotton candy shaped into a snowman.

"Lottie, my darling, slow down." She chuckled. "We might bump into someone by accident or we might trip down."

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

The afternoon has come and they have decided to end their trip to her cafe to help with what's left to do before they end the day. Mrs Bennett was pleased that her daughter and grandchild made a stop at the cafe, especially when the shop needed help due to having a lot of customers. Well, they always say that business always boosts up during the Christmas season.

"Lottie, why don't you stay at Mommy's office and wait for me?" She lowered herself down to meet the child's height.

Indeed, Y/n had her cafe made a little extension, building a small room for an office, where she could work quietly from the noises in the kitchen and the chattering of customers outside the kitchen.

"But will it be long, Mommy?" She frowned.

"A bit, love. It'll be half an hour, but you need not worry, I'll check up on you. Will that be alright?"

The little blonde girl nodded.

"Alright then," Y/n smiled and stood up as she held her little girl's hand, leading her to the door of her office next to the kitchen and just behind the cashier counter. "When you need me, just come outside and approach me, okay?"

"Yes, Mommy!" She said, gleefully. Her feet were skipping whilst holding tightly — but not too tightly — in her mother's hands until they reached the office.

The office was cosy and warm. The colours of the wall weren't too bright or too dark, it was in a soft shade of blue with little pink flowers and green leaves printed on it. All of the furniture is made out of wood. It was truly pleasant enough for anyone who would come inside, especially those who would make an appointment. They were quite fond of the flowers on each vase on most tables. There is also a shelve of books behind her desk, along with some displays and pictures of her family on it, and there's also another door — just near the desk — that leads to the kitchen.

Marigold climbed up on the green sofa whilst Y/n gave her the fairy tale books that they had purchased a while ago for her to read so she had something to waste her time.

"I'll come and check on you every thirty minutes. Will that be alright, love?" She smiled.

"Yes, Mommy!"

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Customers were becoming lesser and lesser as time passed by until the shop became empty of customers. The staff were already cleaning up the place whilst Y/n was helping her mother organize and clean the cashier counter. All were already tired due to how there were a lot of customers who had come by to have a taste of their pastries and beverages and no one truly complained of how much work they have to do, for they love when customers always come by.

The schedule has also changed during the Winter season, having the closing of the store early so that they could spend the cold night with their family at home. Y/n had proclaimed that this schedule would only take effect when December started every year.

Suddenly, the bell above the door rang and a man entered inside, leaving the door open.

"We have to apol—" Y/n stopped from her words as soon as her eyes laid on the blond man at the door. "Malfoy? You shouldn't be here." Her tone turned cold.

"I need to speak to you." He stated, approaching.

"There is nothing to speak of, Sir, and besides, you do not have an appointment for your wedding cake today. So I might ask you to leave since we're closed."

"I am not leaving."

"Well, you should." She glared, which Mrs Bennett took notice of and gestured the staff to stay in the kitchen and help there for a while.

And now, they are left alone.

"Have you not read in the front door that we are closed?"

"Why would you not want to listen to me?" He scoffed, showing irritation in his eyes.

"Why should I be? Are you someone relevant to me? Because to me, you are only a father of my child."

"That's enough."

"I thought we agreed to distance ourselves, Malfoy."

"Never call me that."

"I can call you whatever I want. Maybe Sir or Malfoy, but it will never be your first name. It will only be used when she's around."

"You know, your temper never truly changed."

"And yours too, you idiot!" She gritted through her teeth, slamming the book and trying to walk off but Draco immediately grabbed her wrist.

"I'm not done talking to you." He said.

And yes, this is how they are when they argue during their school years.

"Well, sorry you because I'm done." She pulled her wrist off his hand.

As Draco was about to open his mouth, Mrs Bennett came rushing into them, which caused them to look at her. There was panic drawn into her eyes and her breathing uneven as if she had just run a marathon. Then she spoke,

"Marigold's missing!"