𝐋𝐕𝐈 || 𝐂𝐫𝐮𝐞𝐥 𝐉𝐮𝐝𝐠𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Mr Malfoy slammed the Daily Prophet on the desk in Draco's office, scolding him about what had been on the front page that made people talk every time he passed by a group of people as he took his usual morning walk at the Park. Furious, he was, indeed. Worried about the family's image, Worried about how the Greengrass Family would react when their eyes laid upon the front page of the Daily Prophet.

"Do you even have a brain?" Mr Malfoy threw a scornful look at his son. "Look what you did!" He pointed his cane at the picture on the front page, which shows Draco hugging Y/n. "We had a deal that you'll never catch any feelings for her."

No words came out of Draco as he stared at the front page of the Daily Prophet with wide eyes. Well, Draco's feelings for her never stopped.

Though, he wasn't worried that his father was scolding him. He was worried about Y/n because she didn't like being on a Daily Prophet because of a scandal, and now...everything had gone wrong. He felt that he failed to protect her.

"And not to mention, some were saying that they saw you with her returning to her shop, with your child in your arms!" Mr Malfoy added.

"I'm sorry, father." Draco frowned.

Mr Malfoy inhaled through his nose and released air in his mouth, calming himself down before he spoke again.

"I heard Marigold went missing." Mr Malfoy said in a monotone voice.

"How did you—"

"So it's true then?" He scoffed. "It shows how careless she can be."

"It was not her fault. It was mine, never hers. I...I went to her shop to talk to her and we argued and...and..." He started stammering. The fear he has for his father is taking over him again. "And Marigold went out because someone left the door open."

"Nevertheless, your child is safer here." He stated as he stomped his cane on the carpet.

"What do you mean?" Draco froze, looking up at his father and expecting that it would refer to something else. But the thing is, it only refers to one and nothing more.

"She is safer here, Draco. The child will live a better life, and not to mention, you can tell  everyone that she is yours and Astoria's."

"No!" Draco stood up and he slammed his hand on his desk, and his eyes were like shooting burned arrows into his father's eyes.

"You do not understand, Draco." Mr Malfoy growled. "It is either you apologize to the Greengrasses and take Marigold into this household or..."

"Hurt her?" Draco knew what he was going to say as tears began to swell up in his eyes. This is what he fears when he has to decide. He fears that his father would hurt her.

"Yes."

His face paled, letting his body fall to the chair, and his eyes stared back at the front page of the newspaper. It was like what happened today was happening all over again, and he felt like his mouth was sewed up to prevent him from speaking more words. In other words, he was shocked, he was sad. He knew he failed to protect her and their child from the cruelty of the media.

"It is also better that we move your wedding to the next two weeks if Mr and Mrs Greengrass still agree to wed their daughter to you."

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

The Bennetts' Cottage's front door earlier this morning was filled with journalists and photographers, wanting to know the truth about the scandal that has spread around the Wizarding World in the British Area. All day the Bennetts have kept hidden inside the house and Y/n even closed her shop until the scandal faded. Michael even had to use a floo powder to get into the Bennetts' house so he could make sure that they were safe until the clock had struck 6, and then he said his goodbyes.

The dark sky has governed around London, adding sparkling stars and a moon as its beautiful displays. Y/n had the chance to take a stroll in a little park just near their cottage. She felt quite relieved that the reporters had gone away and left her and her mother and child finally at peace, but that was only when she was disrupted from her night strolls by a blond young man standing in front of her about 3 meters away.

Before Draco could even speak a word, Y/n started walking out in the opposite direction from him.

"Wait! Please, let us talk. " He quickly approached and grabbed her wrist to stop her.

"I do not want to see you, nor even speak to you!" She spat, continuing to walk and never laying her eyes on the young man.

"Please." He grabbed her wrist gently, which made her stop in her tracks and face him. "I'm just...I'm really sorry."

"You do know that you, coming here will just cause greater harm."

"I know, I know..." He sighed, feeling sorry for all the trouble he had caused. "But—"

"Draco, I'm sorry I have to say this but you have to step away."

Draco froze and looked at her rather confused at what she meant, but there was fear in his eyes.

"I thought everything would be better. My life was better when you had not yet met Marigold. I really..." She took a sharp breath. "I really thought letting her meet you would be best, but what happened? What happened to us again, Draco?" These words felt like a slap on his face. "Are you just going to hurt me like this?"

"I'm sorry. I really am, but..."

"Your apologies won't fix anything." She fumed. "You and your selfish ego have brought this to my family!"

This seemed to click his anger. "Selfish? Really, Y/n?" He scoffed. "You call me selfish? Look who has been selfish for hiding my child, our child for 5 years. Look who has been trying to avoid me from finding out about it because of your GODDAMN LIES!"

"SHUT UP!"

"NO! YOU SHUT UP!"

"Just leave!"

"I'm not leaving without my CHILD!" And those words just blurted out of his mouth, which he didn't mean to say to her. He was supposed to tell her about it, but not in this way.

"What?" Her voice lowered.

"My father told me she isn't safe around you and..."

"You plan on keeping her away from me, don't you? Plan on making her as your and your fiancé's child, isn't it? Just to save your family from shame?" She quivered. Although, there was still anger in her eyes.

"How did you—"

"It's very typical of you, Malfoy."

Malfoy. He hated it when she called him Malfoy instead of his name. It just hurts him.

"I knew it what was the reason why you broke up with me..." She cried. "Because you chose her instead of me, stained with blood that your likes wouldn't want to be with! You're such a fucking git, Malfoy."

And before he could even speak another word, wanting to explain everything — the truth — she vanished through an apparition spell and left him alone in the park whilst he stood there, hurt.

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

I'm sorry I'm going to hurt you this last day of 2023...😀

Anyways, HAPPY NEW YEAR!🎆🎊