𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈 || 𝐔𝐧𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

A cloudy afternoon was what the forecast news announced this morning, according to the Daily Prophet. Draco plans on telling his fiancé about his child that he just found out a week ago. He is indeed ready but he still doesn't know how she'll react to him having a daughter with Y/n. He too also plans on telling his father. Though, it is expected that'll be hard that is why he decided to tell Astoria first before his father.

He couldn't refrain his beating heart from getting nervous. He couldn't stop staring outside his mother's garden whilst his thoughts were all jumbled up that it caused his forehead to sweat.

"Sir?" Noralf, their house-elf, entered the living room to announce his fiancé's arrival. "Noralf would like to announce that Ms Greengrass has arrived."

"Thank you, Noralf. Please do let her in." He requested after thanking the little elf in front of him.

Noralf left him in the living room as he wiped the sweat on his forehead with the handkerchief that he just pulled out of his pocket. He doesn't know if he was ready to tell her, but he knew that telling her now won't create a great conflict. If she was the one who found out before he could tell her in the future, the consequences may be worst.

"Good afternoon, Draco." A brunette lady entered the room, walking towards Draco with concern in her eyes. "You called for me and I came as quickly as possible. It seems to be urgent. What's wrong?"

"Why don't you take a seat, Tori?" He gestured his hand to the emerald-coloured sofa. "It's not really urgent but it is indeed important."

"Oh," She smiled as they took a seat on each of the two-seated sofas with a coffee table in between them. "Then what is it?" A smile was written on her face and her face glowed.

He felt even heavier in his chest, especially seeing how much she wanted to hear what he wanted to say to her. It was all written in her eyes, excitement drawn into them. He knew that from the moment he told her about his and Y/n's daughter, the smile on her lips would turn upside down. He really didn't want that to happen, but he must tell her before she could find out about the little girl from somewhere or from someone. It'll get worse.

He didn't want to hurt a lady who has been so nice to him, but he indeed has hurt someone who has given everything to him and he really regrets everything that day.

Draco took one final deep breath, letting his hot breath escape his mouth.

"Tori," said he.

"Yes?" Astoria asked.

"Do you still remem- I mean- I-" Who knew it would be this difficult. "Fuck..." He muttered under his breath.

"Are you ok? It seems to be troubling you?" She furrowed her brows.

"I'm fine," He assured her. "It's just something really hard to say."

"Oh..."

Then there and there he knew that it'll make her feel bad.

"Do you remember Y/n?" He began — a soft frown plastered on his lips.

"I do, why?" There was no bitterness expressed on her face. Everything that he could see was she looked rather like he was wondering about her.

"And you know that we dated back then?"

"I do quite remember, but why? Did something happen to her?"

"Nothing happened to her, but..." He pulled his lower lip inside his mouth and let it out. "The thing is she has...she has a child."

"Oh, she's already married then?"

"No."

"No?"

"Tori, I knew that you would be flabbergasted, but the thing is...she's at the age of 4."

"Oh, so she- wait-" The moment she realized the child's age is the same as the years that has passed after he and Y/n separated, it all summed up to her.

He is the child's father.

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

"So, how did it go?" Mrs Malfoy asked her son whilst drinking her tea in the living room and sitting on the armchair just next to the tall window decorated with emerald drapes. "Did it go well?"

Draco was only silent as he stared deeply, watching at the orange crackling fire in their living room. In fact, he never heard what his mother asked, his thoughts have simply gone off somewhere. Maybe perhaps....the Bennetts' House?

"Draco?" He felt his mother's hand brush on his shoulder, which indeed startled him. "Why are you so silent? Are you thinking about how you'll tell your father?"

"It's nothing. Although, regarding Astoria, she seemed surprised and she managed to handle it very well when I told her about Marigold. She even wished to see her."

"To see who?"

He and his mother froze as soon as they heard a man's voice, who they did not want to be here in the midst of a conversation about Draco's daughter with Y/n. Now how will they both face the master of the house? How will Narcissa try to cover her son from his husband?

"Who will Ms Greengrass want to see Draco?" Mr Malfoy's cold voice trailed upon his skin.

"It's nothing important, Father." Draco stood up from the chair, clearing his throat and staring into his father's eyes.

"Well, it doesn't seem nothing." He said, sitting down on the armchair across from the armchair that Draco sat on earlier.

"Dear, why don't you take a rest for a while." Mrs Malfoy told her husband, placing her hand on his back. "You just came back from the ministry."

"It can wait, my dear." He said, his eyes gazing at hers and turning them back to his son. "You do know that I must know what was happening inside of the preparation of your wedding with her."

Draco only fell silent.

"Is there perhaps a problem inside your engagement that is seemingly breaking the two of you apart? Or perhaps that something that concerns only you?" Mr Malfoy's eyes stared at his son coldly, wanting an immediate answer.

Indeed, he felt trapped. Indeed, he wanted to escape rather than tell his father about Marigold. He wasn't yet ready to tell him. He feared his father most of the time and it is one of the many reasons why he's afraid of telling him about Marigold because he may not let him see the child and force him to forget about her. If Mr Malfoy could obliviate his own son just to forget his son's child, Mr Malfoy would rather do that just to save his son's marriage to Astoria. So Draco felt forced to let out the truth.

But now, here he was, finding a way how to ditch this conversation or try to make something up. Though, what could he do when this fear made him nervous that he couldn't even look straight into his father's eyes? It was difficult for him. But in any other way, he still needed to tell him the truth rather than his father finding out about the child from someone else.

"Lucius, dear, I think it is best to—"

"Father," His voice made his parents turn their eyes on him. Mrs Malfoy, however, looked rather worried for her son.

"She wanted to see my child."