𝐋𝐈𝐈 || 𝐅𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫

A/N: Hello guys! I apologize for uploading late. I haven't been really well lately because something bad happened in our school and made me mentally drained for almost a week now. But as promised, here is the new chapter.

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Lucius Malfoy had been thinking for quite some time about what his wife had told him after she had heard of his vile actions after Marigold accidentally broke a vase. He had watched the little girl for the past few days, and there were times when his wife would catch him smiling — a smile that only lasted shortly after he had realized he was grinning. Nonetheless, he admits that every time he sees the little girl, there's a bit of a flutter of joy in his heart.

He stood by the window and stared at the garden outside, watching the leaves of bushes and trees dance gently with the wind. Leaves in colours of autumn were scattered on the ground,  and the morning sun glowed, letting its rays not too harsh on the skin, and frequently hid amongst the clouds. In the garden were Draco and his daughter, Marigold, playing with the scattered leaves.

Then a smile appeared on Mr Malfoy's lips.

"Why don't you just give yourself a chance, Lucius?" His wife, Narcissa's, voice interrupted him as he quickly wiped off the smile he did unconsciously.

"Whatever do you mean, my dear?" He cleared his throat, fixing his coat.

"Oh, why still hide that smile when I have caught you many times?" She laughed as she drifted closer to her husband and watched their son and grandchild in the garden. However, Mr Malfoy couldn't enunciate any words out of his lips. "I must let you know, dearest, Marigold is not mad at you."

Her statement made him look at her, wanting her to repeat it to make sure he heard it right.

"She isn't mad, love." She chuckled. "I asked her if she didn't like you—"

"Didn't like me?"

"Well yes, dear, but let me finish..." She stated. "She told me she never hated you or wasn't mad at you. Although..."

"Although what?"

"Although, she seemed to be frightened of you."

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Mr Malfoy had thought through about how he would approach the child. He regretted raising his voice at the child when Draco scolded him for it. Although, he has never seen Draco so fierce ever since the day he defended Y/n from his insults that one evening when Draco introduced her to the family. It was like it was that night all over again. But the only difference was that he has regrets and back then, there was none but full of pride towards their blood purity.

Mrs Malfoy, on the other hand, has gone down to the gardens to pick some flowers with Marigold whilst Draco admires them and has left his book open on his lap. Mrs Malfoy didn't care if this child's blood was stained with a muggle's blood. All she cared about was what a precious creature she was.

"Granny, does Grandpa like flowers?" Marigold asked whilst picking up a daisy with one petal missing.

Mrs Malfoy smiled at the question and spoke, "He does, indeed. Did you know your grandpa would always send me flowers when we were young?"

"He does?!" The little girl's eyes gleamed.

"Yes," Mrs Malfoy giggled. "He would always send me flowers. Sometimes it was perfectly arranged and sometimes but mostly he just picked them out from the garden or anywhere where there was a field of flowers. He still does do that until now, you know."

Draco, on the other hand, was listening to their conversation. He remembered when he would give Y/n a bouquet of tulips, sometimes roses, and mostly her favourite ones, marigolds. So he hoped that someday, in the future, Marigold would find someone who would treat her right.

"Granny, can I give Grandpa this?" She showed three daisies in her hands, which made them cover Mrs Malfoy's face from Marigold's view.

"Yes, darling. He would gladly love that." She cheered. "Now, why don't we head upstairs and give it to him."

Draco didn't even realise that his daughter and his mother had left the garden due to having his thoughts clouded by her, his former beloved. He remembered how her smile would melt his heart every time he would give her flowers. She smiled like an angel that the heavens have granted to him or like a flower that stands out among the rest or perhaps a goddess that brightened up his world of misery. Just a single smile from her would have made him feel as if he was in heaven.

Oh, how the memory gave him joy.

Oh, how this memory was only now a past and never the present.

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Mrs Malfoy held Marigold's hands as they walked along the hallway. Marigold has this excitement written on her face as she holds the flower tightly in her hands. Indeed, she was supposed to fear her grandfather because of the vase accident last month, but all that seemed to be nothing to her now, and Mrs Malfoy was quite surprised that she didn't fear him anymore.

Mrs Malfoy knocked on the door of her husband's office, causing Mr Malfoy to lift his head up to the door and say, "Come in." Then Mrs Malfoy opened the door and next to her was their grandchild.

"Lucius, dear, Goldie has something for you." She smiled as she gently let Marigold approach him.

Mr Malfoy stopped what he was doing and watched the little girl make her way to him as she showed him the three daisies she had picked out from the garden. True that he was taken by surprise, for he thought that Marigold was afraid of him. But all his doubts turned upside down when Marigold showed such a sweet gesture towards him, her grandfather.

"This is for you, grandpa." She effused and tried handing the flowers to him.

He looked back up at his wife, looking rather uncertain if he should accept it or not. He was afraid that he might hurt the girl, afraid and guilty of the actions he had done to her because of the broken vase.

Mrs Malfoy smiled and gave a nod, encouraging him to accept a flower, and her eyes telling him that she's never afraid of him.

So, he accepted the flower, thanked the little girl, and received a "welcome" from her as she waddled her way out of the room, passing by her grandmother. Mrs Malfoy smiled whilst looking at her husband, who was admiring at the flowers his granddaughter had given him, and in fact, he had never felt quite so relieved after this sudden gesture from the child.

"See, you're not as bad as becoming a grandfather after all." Mrs Malfoy giggled.