𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈 || 𝐃𝐫𝐨𝐩 𝐨𝐟𝐟

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

There was only a week until the month of Autumn arrives and the wind was getting cold. Y/n and her daughter were walking up to the tall front door of the Malfoy Manor with a pink suitcase in Y/n's hand.

Draco and Y/n did agree on letting the little girl stay for 2 weeks in the Malfoy Manor since Y/n felt that Draco needs to make up for the times when Marigold was still unaware of his presence. She did that because she felt guilty even though Draco already told her not to feel that way.

"Mommy, can I knock? Please, Mommy," Marigold looked up to her mother with gleaming eyes whilst holding Mr Autumn in her hand.

"Sure, love," She smiled and parted her hand from the handle of the suitcase to carry her daughter so that she could reach for the golden knocker.

Marigold smiled as she held the knocker with her tiny hand. Eagerness to see her father was all written in her eyes. She has been excited ever since for the last 2 days. She would always go and ask her mother 'How many days would she stay?' or 'When will they leave?' many times and her mother never gets tired of answering the same answers because the smile of excitement made her feel quite relieved that she could stay with her father without her presence. Although, Marigold's stay at the Malfoy Manor with her father may give her time for her bakeshop and in planning her wedding. However, she felt sad that she won't hear her daughter's laugh for 2 weeks, especially when she has been completely attached to her ever since she was still inside her womb.

"Oh, Ms Bennett and the younger Ms Bennett," The house-elf, Noralf, spoke after opening the door for them. "Noralf and the young master have been expecting you, ma'am. Noralf must greet you with a warm welcome and please do come in." He gestured his hands inside.

Y/n placed Marigold down and picked up the suitcase whilst her other hand was holding Marigold. Though, while coming in, Y/n's eyes found the blond man descending the marbled staircase and found her y/e/c eyes too. So she averted her eyes quickly, trying to brush away the blush on her cheeks and clearing her throat. And of course, Draco had caught her and the thought of it made him smile even though he knew it was forbidden to do so due to what he promised his father.

"Papa!" Marigold exclaimed whilst trying to contain herself from exploding with excitement. Of course, there are children who couldn't contain it and she was one of them. So Marigold ran towards Draco and hugged his legs, causing him to smile and stop his pace.

"She has been excited for the last two days." Y/n chuckled as she approached them.

"Oh," He laughed too as he carried her into his arms. "She must surely be excited to spend time with me and her grandmother."

"Though, I must talk to you before we could set everything up." She told.

His gaze softened as he looked deeply into hers. He missed looking at her with this gaze because it meant that he is all ears and would definitely do everything to assure her that everything will be alright. However, not only it signifies he cares for her, it used to signify that he loves her wholeheartedly. But that was when they were still in a relationship or when they were still lovers.

"Then let me take you to the living room." He smiled and turned his gaze at their house elf. "Noralf, would you mind taking the suitcase to Marigold's Bedroom?"

"Noralf will do, sir."

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

They were all in the living room, talking about how Draco could manage Marigold. Y/n was giving him bits of advice about how to deal with when she gives tantrums or cries. She told him not to spoil her and not give her too many sweets because she may result to having crooked teeth and a sugar rush.

"And oh, if she had nightmares and if she asks you to sing her to sleep, sing 'Rainbow Connection'. It is her favourite and I hope you do still remember that song." Y/n told.

Indeed, Draco still remembers, for she would always hum that song when he would feel down whilst being in her arms, and he too is aware that Y/n grew up with that song because of her father.

"I still remember. You need not worry." He assured her.

"And one last thing, Marigold is allergic to nuts."

This made Draco widen his eyes. He never expected Marigold would be allergic to anything. But now that he knew, surely, he would check every ingredient of the food if there are nuts in it just to make sure it is safe for their little girl to eat.

"Like your mother?" He asked.

She never thought that Draco still remembers her mother being allergic to nuts. She thought he would've forgotten since years have passed, but he didn't. He must have a really sharp memory — or perhaps there's another reason behind it.

"Yeah..." She scratched the back of his head. "I never expected her to inherit it either, and even Mama was surprised too. We got scared when her cheeks suddenly turned red and there were rashes on her skin. Her lips too were swollen after eating the chocolate with nuts in it when she was only 2 years old."

Draco frowned as his eyes looked at Marigold, who was playing with Mr Autumn and the blonde doll that her grandmother gifted her. If he was there at those time, he would've helped Y/n do something and try to calm her down from panicking. But what can he do when he was the reason why they broke up and never knew about his daughter from her.

"I guess that is all." She sighed, smilingly. "If you need help, please do give me a call if you still have the telephone I gave you. It is still there, isn't it?"

Ah yes, the telephone. When they were in their 4th year, she gave him a telephone so that they could talk through the phone, especially when there was an emergency. She taught him and Mrs Malfoy how to use it and it became really quite convenient for them, especially when they need to call at St Mungo's. And yes, St Mungo already has a telephone for the reason that St Mungo's Hospital has patients who are muggle-borns.

"We still have it." He replied.

"Oh, very well then." A contented smile was plastered on her lips. "Then everything has been settled. I guess I really have to be apart from her for 2 weeks..."