𝐗𝐕𝐈𝐈 || 𝐄𝐧𝐠𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐝

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

The sun rose up from its hiding. Its little soft rays were picking through the curtains on the window whilst Y/n watched the curtain sway with the morning breeze. She was thinking of her response to Michael's proposal. Her feelings were mixed about it and it just ached her heart so bad. Half of it was bad and half of it was good.

She couldn't believe that Michael and she are already engaged, and the silver ring with three tiny diamonds in the middle was the evidence to make her eyes believe that she was already engaged to be married.

Michael and she have agreed that the engagement should be kept secret until they have tied a knot because Y/n doesn't want their engagement to be announced on the Daily Prophet. She wanted their engagement, especially their wedding, to be private, so no one could interfere in their personal life. So, it only must be kept with their friends and their families, who can be trusted to keep this a secret.

"Mommy," Marigold spoke in her morning voice, as she pushed the door open whilst rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand.

"Oh, sweety," Y/n sat up as soon as she heard her daughter. "Why are you up so early?"

Marigold approached her, climbing up to the bed, and sat next to her mother as she placed her stuffed bear, Mr Autumn, on her side.

"Mommy, is uncle Michael going to live with us?" She asked, which surprised Y/n.

"Darling, why do you ask?" Y/n tucked a piece of Marigold's hair behind her ear.

"Because you said you're getting married, mommy, like auntie Mione with uncle Ron." She effused. "Would there be a tall cake again, mommy?"

Of course, when they have attended Ron and Hermione's wedding last year, Marigold couldn't stop staring at the three-layered cake nearby the wedding presents. She kept on asking her mother if she could have some even though her words before were still not much perfect in pronouncing.

"Oh, dearest," Y/n chuckled. "Were you only after the cake?"

Marigold nodded in reply with a wide grin plastered on her lips and gleaming eyes staring at her mother's.

"You really are something..." She chuckled softly, lightly tapping on her daughter's nose.

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

"Draco, have you heard?" Narcissa walked into the living room whilst Draco was seated on a couch, reading a book.

"Heard of what, mother?" He asked.

"Michael. He's engaged." She exclaimed as she took a seat across Draco, who have closed the book in his hand.

"With Y/n, isn't it...?" Draco sounded rather a bit sad upon hearing the news.

"Yes," Narcissa felt sorry for her son, especially when he looked rather sad like he wanted to cry. "I'm sorry, dearest."

Draco sighed as his eyes gazed upon their tall window that had emerald drapes upon it. He felt like his heart clenched when he heard that Michael and Y/n are engaged, but he couldn't do anything about it since he's engaged too and not to mention, he believes that Y/n has already moved on and so he should too. Although, this feeling that he felt right now confuses him more.

"Why are you apologising, mother?" He told. "We have broken up years ago and that's just life. Everyone has to move forward."

"Are you not hurt?" She asked.

Of course, he has to choose Astoria because of the fact that she is his present and Y/n is his past that he could never claim again.

"No."

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Michael and Y/n were standing in front of the door to the Lestrange House with Marigold in Y/n's arms. It was in fact that Y/n felt nervous to enter the house to be introduced to Michael's father, Rodolphus Lestrange, as his fiancé.

She has met him before but she felt nervous, for she fear that she might not get accepted because she has a child with Michael's cousin, Draco, and Rodolphus was aware of that, especially when the little girl inherited Draco's hair, eyes, and even some of his traits. And sometimes Y/n and her daughter visit Mr Lestrange twice a month ever since they arrived in London.

"Are you nervous?" Michael asked.

"What if he wouldn't accept me, Mike?" She furrowed her brows as she looked at him.

"My father isn't like my mother." He smiled as he rang the doorbell. "I assure you."

Michael's statement was in fact true because if his mother, Bellatrix Lestrange, was still alive, she would disagree with the idea of her son getting married to a half-blooded girl, especially who has a child.

"Oh, you're finally here." Mr Lestrange said in his welcoming voice. "Please, do come in." He gestured his hand inside, letting Y/n know that she and Marigold are welcome inside.

Y/n thanked Mr Lestrange as they entered the foyer of the House of Lestrange.

The House was not too big and not too small, its size was like the House of Black, but this house is more lighter, for they have changed the floors into lighter shades of brown along with the wooden furniture they have and the walls were changed into light colours. Everything inside the house looks more comfortable than what it looked like before when the Lady of the House, Bellatrix, was still alive.

"Boppy," Marigold squirmed in Y/n's arms as she spread her arms widely, wanting to be carried by Mr Lestrange.

"You really love calling me Boppy, don't you?" Mr Lestrange chuckled as Y/n gently passed her daughter into Mr Lestrange's hands.

They didn't know why Marigold began to call him Boppy. Just all of the sudden, on their second visit here, she just called him Boppy out of nowhere. And of course, she's well aware of Mr Lestrange's nickname, Rodolph.

"Boppy, if you're name is Rodolph, why isn't your nose red like in that song?" Little Marigold asked. Of course, she meant that one Christmas song, Rudolph the red nose reindeer, and the little girl's statement gave a quite shock to them, especially Y/n.

Marigold still doesn't know how to read, so she didn't realise that the name in the song is spelt as Rudolph whilst Mr Letrange's nickname is spelt as Rodolph.

"I'm very sorry, Rodolph." She apologized on behalf of her daughter whilst Michael was trying his best to hide his laugh.

"No, no, it's alright," Mr Lestrange chuckled. "She's at the age where she questions a lot."