𝐋𝐗𝐕 || 𝐁𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐝

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

"Merlin's beard, I cannot believe you're engaged!" Hermione exclaimed as she hugged her dear friend, Y/n, whilst getting greeted by the young couple and their child at the foyer of the Manor.

The Malfoys and Bennetts have decided to throw a small, but also secret, engagement party for the newly engaged couple. Why was it a secret? Well, first and foremost, Draco and Astoria haven't yet declared the reason for their broken engagement to the public. Secondly, the newly engaged couple agreed to stay low until two months of being engaged, and after those 2 months, that is when they could have a proper engagement party that Mrs Malfoy would love to happen.

Mr Malfoy? Well, he had gladly accepted the lady whom Draco vowed to marry, whom Draco only loves. Although, there was still a slight bitterness in his heart, rest assured that as time passes by, he surely will slowly begin to accept the Y/n as his own, as Draco's future wife.

"I must warn you, Draco," Ginny informed, glaring at him. "If you are ever going to hurt our friend again, know that it'll be a death of you." This caused Y/n to laugh, covering her mouth with her fingers.

This threat gave Draco fear. It was as if it happened again like in their 4th year after Y/n had told her friends that she and Draco were dating, and 13-year-old Ginny had dashed into the great hall the next morning to warn Draco that if he ever hurt Y/n, it would be a death of him. Another was when Draco broke up with Y/n, and Ginny, surprisingly, sent a letter, a howler to be exact, that contained hateful words and a box that contained fart bombs she had taken from her brothers' shop.

"Relax, Ginny," Harry pulled his wife away from Draco before she could even do something malicious. "He won't hurt her as Y/n had assured."

"But I don't trust him, dearest."

Finally, Y/n interrupted them as she held onto Draco's arm and spoke, "Why don't we proceed to the living room?"

Marigold, however, was now being carried by George in his arms and was already eating the candy that her uncle George had given to shush her from calling him and Ron "uncle carrots".

Draco smiled and uttered, "Shall we proceed?"

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

"Draco fucking Malfoy is finally engaged for real." Theo laughed whilst his arms were hanging around Blaise's shoulder and holding a glass of wine in his other hand.

Draco was enjoying his time with his friends whilst Y/n was with hers. Though, he did miss her even though he was just in the same room as him. He misses holding her by the waist or by the hand to let everyone know that he has finally claimed her after so many obstacles that they have gone through. He wanted to take pride in his future wife.

"You look so proud, Draco. Can't even stop gazing away from her." Pansy teased.

"He's a lover boy, honestly." Crabbe joked, laughing after taking a sip of his wine.

Oh, how they love to tease their dear friend. After all, they have been telling him that he's still in love with her after so many years since they have broken up. And now, here he was, engaged to her and finally admitted that he still, indeed, loves her.

"Is it a must that you all tease me?" Draco raised a brow.

"We just love you, mate." Blaise gave out a chuckle as he chugged down his beer. "I must say, you wouldn't be here with her if it were not for Goldie. Maybe you would be stuck in a loveless marriage."

As Draco was about to speak, all of them heard a loud chatter — more like a tease — from a child, their child, and was throwing Ron a funny face and saying the words "Red hair and a hand-me-down robe. You must be a Weasley" to his flushed face. His wife, Hermione, was laughing behind him and Y/n was shocked at the situation.

He never told her about that certain event before they got sorted and never did Y/n, and who else would it be? Well, for certain, it would be Theo and Blaise to pull some kind of stuff.

"Shit." He muttered under his breath as he went his way to his child to prevent it from getting worse. But he does admit, she sounds a bit like him.

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

The black sky was decorated with thousands of stars, shimmering and flickering like those diamonds being flashed by a light. Beautiful they are, indeed. It is what Draco always describe her eyes every time she smiles. It is what completes him, to see her smile. It was his entire world.

They had taken a night walk along the stone pathway, covered with slight snow, with wilted rose bushes on each side. The garden was mostly covered with white snow and the air was cold. However, they took this as an opportunity to have a moment of themselves together. Marigold was inside the Manor with Hermione, Ginny, Luna, and Pansy, keeping her away from Blaise and Theo's foolishness and also keeping her from eating food that contains nuts, which Blaise and Theo failed to do so from the past few months.

A stoned bench under a tree was shone by the bright shining moon peeking out from the clouds. It was the place where they planted roses and marigolds around the tree in the summer of 1995. Oh, how it brought back memories when they were young and in love, and yet here they are, engaged and soon finally married.

On the stoned bench they sat as the chirping of crickets became the music of this exquisite evening. Draco took a knitted blanket with him and wrapped it around his fiancé. Proud he is in calling her his fiancé and he would be even prouder if she became his wife.

"Aren't you cold?" Her brows curled and her eyes stared at his bluish-grey ones.

"The coat is already enough, darling." He replied and his hands interlocked with hers. "You know..." A misty air came out of his mouth as he spoke. "I just remembered something."

"Oh, what is it?" A grin plastered on her lips, making her cheeks look fuller.

"Remember when I comforted you in the common room?"

"Yes, I perfectly remember. How can I not? I was truly grateful you were there that time...thankful that you left your homework there." She chuckled. "If it were not for you, I would've ended up sleeping in the common room after crying."

"I never regretted doing that, love." He stated. "Though the thing is I had a dream that night before I went down to the common room to get my homework. I was so tired that night that I forgot to do my homework and left my bag there. Thankfully, that dream woke me up."

"Pray tell, what is your dream?"

"Well, this might be shocking but..."

Y/n leaned her ears closer, eager to hear about his dream.

"It was your father."

"Pardon?" Her eyes grew wide. "My— my father?"

"I think he knew I had a crush on you, and maybe that's why he told me I forgot his homework in my dream. Weird, isn't it?" Indeed, the Draco Malfoy had a crush on her ever since he had laid his eyes on her as Professor McGonagall placed the sorting hat on her head. He was really happy she was sorted into Slytherin, and yes, Y/n already knew about this because he had told her ever since they started dating. "Though at first, I never knew what your father looked like until I saw his picture during his funeral. That is the only day I realized it was your father."

"He must have sent you to me." She smiled, placing a peck of kiss on his lips. "He must be smiling down at us too."

"He truly would be, darling."