𝐗𝐋 || 𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

The sunlight finally made its way through the tall glass window, making the room feel its warm sunshine. Some of the stuffed animals Draco gifted his daughter glistened from the sunlight as the wind gently blew inside the room, causing the curtain to slowly sway with it. Lottie's bedroom in her father's family house was better in the daylight, but still, she still prefers her room in her mother's family house, for she created many more memories there like the room she has in Northern France. In fact, the Bennetts never sold their house in Northern France, they made it like a vacation house that they could stay in whenever they felt like going on a trip to France.

However, this morning, something more interesting happened that cannot be controlled when one is asleep. Something that could make one do something in their sleep, especially when one is near someone they have been longing for.

It so happens that Y/n and her former beloved, Draco, were hugging in their sleep whilst Marigold was in between.

They look perfect, indeed, as Mrs Malfoy thought last night. Very charming in another term.

Marigold woke up, locked inside her parent's arms. She doesn't know how to get out. She didn't want to wake them up either, and the thing is...she never thought about the reason why her father and mother weren't married and were both together, especially when they already had a child, like those couples in fairytales her mother read to her. She believed that they needed to be married to have a child of their own, delivered by storks.

The little girl will understand all the things about the reason why her parents separated. She'll understand when she's at the right age. However, all she knows is that perhaps the stork delivered her too early.

Marigold tried removing her father's arms from her after successfully removing her mother's arm and sitting up. She stared at them for a while whilst letting her thoughts process and get her back in her conscious state. However, instead of waking her mother and father up, she got out of her bed, leaving her parents as she headed outside to go to her grandmother.

Of course, Y/n is unaware that they are hugging each other and so does Draco. Both of them were left alone in Marigold's room, cuddled up like they used to. There may have been a nostalgic feeling whilst they're sleeping, but it is a feeling that must not be brought back. In other words, it is forbidden, for Mr Malfoy forbade Draco to do so.

Draco slowly opened his eyes with Y/n as his morning view, sleeping in his arms. She's always been beautiful, indeed, even while she's sleeping. It brings him back memories of when she would sneak into his dormitory just to sleep next to him just because she misses him. Of course, there were times when Draco was the one sneaking into her dormitory, especially when there was a thunderstorm. He knew back then that she was afraid of it, but what about out now? No, he doesn't yet.

He never got up yet. He still quite enjoyed his morning view. He did promise to his father to repress his feelings for her in order to see the little girl. But what could he do, she's the mother of his child, which just made him want her more, care for her more.

Then her head moved slightly, her eyes fluttering open, and she could not believe that their faces were only inches away. Their warm breaths slammed on their faces, their eyes were deeply laid unto each other as if they got lost in each other's eyes, and their arms still enjoying the warmth of each other until...Y/n snapped back to her thoughts, making her quickly sit up and clearing her throat.

"I'm sorry," She flustered. "I shouldn't be sleeping here. I should be—" She gazed upon her watch and noticed that she was going to be late. She was supposed to be delivering the cakes that they made yesterday and she shouldn't be late, especially when the event starts in an hour. "Merlin, I'm late." She murmured.

"What's wrong?" Draco asked, watching her get out of bed.

"I should best be going, I still need to deliver the cakes." She grabbed her coat from the chair and placed it on.

"Why don't you have some breakfast befo—"

"I apologize but I'll have to refuse." She looked at him directly into his eyes, showing coldness towards him. It is as if it pierced his heart. She was only doing that because she didn't want her feelings to rule over her. "I shall bid Lottie farewell before I leave..."

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

"Granny, papa was hugging Mama in our sleep and I was in between them!" Marigold told proudly to Mrs Malfoy, clapping her hands, after finishing her breakfast.

"Really?" Mrs Malfoy acted as if she hadn't witnessed it yet last night. "How was it?" She raised a brow whilst looking at his son as she took a sip of his coffee.

"I feel warm, granny." She effused.

It was a good thing that Lucius Malfoy was not in the Manor. He was suddenly called into the Ministry and had to urgently leave. He does not know that Y/n is inside the Manor, sleeping inside Marigold's room. They were lucky enough to not get caught, and even if Mrs Malfoy knew about Y/n's presence in the Manor, she still would keep it as a secret.

"Granny, may I go to the living room now?" The little blonde girl asked whilst Draco was wiping her mouth with the napkin.

"Sure, darling, you may." Mrs Malfoy smiled. Of course, there's also a reason why she let her grandchild go to the living to play. "Noralf!" She called for their house elf.

"Yes, ma'am?" Noralf was immediately transported into the dining room with the use of his magic.

"Would you mind assisting Goldie into the living room?" She asked.

There and then Draco knew that his mother wanted to talk about the young girl's mother.

"I wouldn't mind, ma'am." The elf smiled and assisted Marigold to the living room, leaving only the mother and her son.

Silence fell through their atmosphere. Draco felt the need to escape his mother's eyes darted into him. He knew what those eyes spoke. He knew what this talk would be about again and he already had enough due to some circumstances -- hurting his feelings, feeling guilty, full of regrets. He knew that his mother was stating facts but he didn't want to hear any of it because he knew he had no chance to her anymore, especially when she was to marry the young heir of Lestranges, his cousin, Michael Lestrange.

"I saw you snuggled so close with her last night. It does bring back memories, doesn't it? Bringing back those times when she would visit here whenever your father was not here." A sly smile was plastered unto her lips as she placed down her coffee.

"Lottie was there in between us, Mother. I only slept beside Lottie because it was her request." He sighed, standing up from his seat.

"And where are you going?" She raised a brow.

"To Lottie."

"And you think we're done speaking?"

Draco only fell silent.

"Look, dearest, I really do like Astoria but......do you love her?" Concern was woven in her voice.

"I could learn how to love her, Mother, and besides liking her is already enough," Draco replied.

"There's a big difference between liking and loving, Draco." She uttered, looking straight into her son's eyes. "And you said you'll learn to love?" She scoffed lightly. "Oh Draco, you have been dating Astoria for almost 5 years and there was never a glow in your eyes. You were only dating her because it is what your father wanted, not what you wanted."

"I should best be going." Cold expression was written all over his face, trying not to express any sign of weakness. "Lottie must be waiting for me."