𝐗𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈 || 𝐌𝐚𝐥𝐟𝐨𝐲 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐨𝐫

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Marching up and down the steps is what the little girl has been doing in front of the door at the Bennetts cottage. Adorable, isn't she? This is what she does every time she waits for her mother outside their house whilst Y/n gets their coats.

Y/n and her daughter got invited to the Malfoy Manor by Narcissa. She has told them that Lucius Malfoy, Draco's father, won't be at home, for he was called into the ministry. Y/n indeed accepted the invitation and told Marigold about it, which made Marigold so excited that it made her jump up and down on her bed.

When her mother came out of the door with their coats hanging in her arms whilst locking the door, Marigold's smile disappeared as she stared at the coat her mother was holding. Black, not yellow.

"Mommy, why is my coat black? I want my yellow coat?" The little girl asked. Her eyes still staring at the little black coat in her mother's arm.

"Darling, you'll only wear it for a short while. We need to wear this before we go to your father's house." Y/n replied, as she leaned down and helped her daughter wear the black coat she hates.

"But I don't like black." She frowned.

Y/n couldn't do what her daughter wanted because she didn't want to end up in the newspaper with her with a headline that said "A Malfoy's Daughter?". She didn't want to create a mess around her family or even Draco's, and that is why she kept it hidden from everyone around anyone close to the Malfoys. But now that Draco knows and even his mother, all she has to do is hide away from the media, especially that one journalist, whom Hermione captured and kept her in a jar for years, Rita Skeeter.

"Lottie, sweetheart, please," Y/n pleaded. "It'll only be for a short while. If you wear this, I'll take you to a muggle park and read you your favourite books."

"But why, mommy?" She blinked twice. Curiosity was written all over her face.

"Because we'll be like those secret agents hunting for criminals." She told with amusement as she carried her daughter into her arms. She didn't tell her the reason due to the reason that telling her something very fun for Marigold would convince her to wear the black coat.

"Really, mommy?" Her eyes shone with excitement.

"Yes, sweety," Y/n giggled whilst stepping down on the steps and then walking away from their cottage.

She didn't use a teleportation spell to go to the Malfoy Manor. She prefers to take a walk since Marigold is still too young to travel with Apparation. This is because she fears that her daughter might throw up or end up getting dizzy, especially since her tiny body couldn't handle such a powerful transportation spell and also, she isn't used to it yet. Y/n would only use it if it's an emergency like somehow when she took Marigold to a hospital back then when they were still in the wizarding side of France.

☁︎︎︎ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ☁︎︎

Marigold stared at the tall gloomy facade of the Malfoy manor in front of her. It gave her some of a bit of chilling in her skin or somehow it frightened her that she made her convince herself that the inside of it might have something creepier inside.

"Mommy, is that a haunted house?" She pointed at the manor, which made Y/n look at her in surprise, whilst she was still in her mother's arms.

"Lottie," Y/n chuckled. "This is not a haunted house. This is where your father lives."

"But it looks creepy, Mama."

Y/n widened her eyes, staring at her daughter in surprise. She hasn't called her mama for so long. The last time was when Y/n introduced her to other terms for a mother, and she preferred to call her mommy.

"You haven't called me that before." She smiled at the young girl. "Would you like to ring the doorbell, sweety?"

The little girl willingly nodded and her little arms reached for the golden doorbell next to the tall black-painted oak door in front of them. Then they waited for a response from the manor's house elf.

Looking at the facade of the manor brought back every memory she had of when they were still together — Draco and her. She remembers them vividly and she still has their photos from this place. However, all these photos have already been kept inside a box with all the gifts he had given her and has been in the attic for 5 years. She didn't have the courage to open it, for it may bring her to tears.

One most vivid memory was an unpleasant one, which involves Mr Lucius Malfoy.

[Flashback]

It was one evening and Y/n was invited to Manor to be introduced to Draco's parents as his now "beloved". They were both in front of the tall black door that was made out of oak. She couldn't feel any excitement but felt nervous whilst Draco's arm was wrapped around her shoulder, trying to calm her down.

"Don't worry, darling." He assured. "I'm sure that mother will love you."

"But what about your father?" She looked up at him. Her brows were furrowed and it was quite clear that she wanted to back out. It was all written in her eyes.

"We can go somewhere else if you're not ready." He smiled softly at her.

"No, no," She insisted. "You've been planning this for weeks. I do not want to back out again, especially when we're here now."

"You sure?"

"Mhm." She nodded. Certainty was written all over her smile, which Draco smiled with relief.

Then there the door began to open for them and they were greeted by the manor's house-elf as they went inside.

But that evening took out of turn when Mr Malfoy threw a conversation about half-bloods for having half-dirty blood. This became a heated argument between Draco and his father, and Narcissa and Y/n tried to calm them down until Draco ended up being slapped by his own father in front of their very eyes.

The memory was still intact to her and she could still remember how Draco wanted to cry whilst hugging him in the Astronomy Tower after they had just left the manor.

"Mommy?" Marigold snapped her mother back to her senses.

"Yes, love?" She said.

"Why are staring at nothing, mama?" She giggled.

"It's nothing, sweetheart," A breath escaped her lips as a smile appeared too. "Would you like to knock on the door?"

Marigold shook her head, still frightened at the Manor's gloomy facade, and Y/n couldn't blame her, for she was still a child and had mostly been exposed to bright colours. So, Y/n held the golden door knocker, attached to the middle of the black door, and began to knock 3 times then waited for someone's reply.

It is in fact that Y/n's nervous about meeting Narcissa again. She doesn't know how to act or even look into her eyes due to the fact that she hid Marigold away from them. Will she get mad? Will she be disappointed? I guess she would, maybe.

Then, they heard the door creak open, revealing a tall blond man in front of them.

"Oh, you're here."