八、𝐇𝐚𝐰𝐤'𝐬 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞

"...What?"

Chills went down Mitsuki's spine while she looked at you who just stared at her blankly. Your cheery tone disappeared which had been replaced by an emotionless, robotic tone.

She finally couldn't hold it and kelt to your height. She hugged you tightly while crying "I'm sorry (Y/N)-chan! I'm so sorry!"

You just stood there like a statue while she sobbed. There's no sign of tears coming out of your eyes. You just look empty and... dead, just like a souless puppet.

Katsuki walked down from the stairs, finally processing what had just happened. He slowly walked towards you and raised his hand in your direction.

"Shortca-"

You turned your head to him. He stopped while his hand froze in midair. His eyes widened. You looked at him blankly, your lips forming a thin line. This is not you at all. The (Y/N) he knows is always cheerful and sweet, not like this.

Mitsuki finally released you from the hug and turned to Katsuki "(Y/N)-chan is going to stay with us from now on. She's going to sleep with you today since we need to set up her bedroom first."

"Ok." he answered.

"I'm going to tell Masaru about this. Take her to your room, ok?"

He nodded and grabbed your hand, leading you to his room. You just followed him like a lost puppet until he asked "Are you ok...?"

It took a few seconds until you finally answered emotionlessly "...yeh."

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

Katsuki feels sorry for you. He truly does. But there's a tiny bit of him feeling happy, because you can stay with him from now on. Both of you can be closer than before. You can go to school with him together, have family activities together... You'll stick with him f̸͉͗o̷͉̔͌r̷͓̊e̷̛̥̅͜v̴̧̗̑́è̶͕̈́r̵̲̟̒͘...

The moment he saw your eyes, his heart sank. There's no light in it, and that's not the (Y/N) he knows. You didn't speak to him, or even smile at him. You're just emotionless and empty. But then... he still hopes one day you'll turn normal again... right?

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

Katsuki was sleeping soundly while hugging you from behind. You, on the other hand, just opened your eyes and stared at what was in front of you.

"Why...? Why? Why? Why? Why? I thought I could finally be happy, living a normal life with my parents... but why? How can they do this to me!? I don't want to be alone, I don't want them to die!" You bit your bottom lip and continued "I finally have parents that love me very much in this world, but why are they taken away from me! I don't even have a chance to say goodbye to them! Why? Why? Why? Why? Why is everything so unfair?"