十八、𝐌𝐞𝐞𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

"Thank you for today, Natsu-chan, Fuyu-chan!"

You smiled brightly at them, and they smiled back in return. The three of you were all holding some paper bags, something you guys bought today for your hangout.

"It's nothing (L/N)-san! I also enjoyed spending time with you! Maybe next time we could go out without Natsuo, girls' time only!" Fuyumi giggled cutely while holding your hand.

"Nee-san-!" Natsuo sweatdropped before muttering, "I also want to hang out with (Y/N)-san alone too-"

"Goodbye (L/N)-san!" Fuyumi waved, covering her twin brother's voice "Message me when you're free to hang out!"

She turned to Natsuo, waiting for him to say goodbye. But he continued to stand in front of you, causing you to tilt your head in confusion.

"You go ahead first nee-san, I want to have a talk with (Y/N)-san for a moment." Natsuo said softly, to which Fuyumi nodded hesitatingly and walked ahead.

"(Y/N)-san." he called, making you look up to him.

"Hm?" you replied, waiting for him to speak.

He took a deep breath and started "T- touya-nii's shrine is still inside our house, and I was just thinking... do you want to go visit it since you never did?"

You could feel your stomach drop when he brought up Touya's name, and you could not stop yourself from those flashbacks. Your breathing starts to get uneven as you lightly clench your fist.

"Natsu-chan, I- don't think I can go..."

Natsuo widened his eyes, letting his thoughts slip out of his mouth "Why?"

He covered it immediately after realising what he had done, his face turning red in emberassment "Sorry I didn't mean to s-"

"I- I still can't get over the fact that I can't save Touya-chan even though I'm there..." You sighed, lowering your head "I can't face hi-"

You widened your eyes as you felt a sudden warm embrace, your head against his chest. He pulled you closer to him, making you bury your face in him as he caressed your head.

"Please don't blame yourself for it, (Y/N)-san..." he said softly, but you can faintly hear the pain through his voice "I- it hurts me when you're being like this..."

"Natsuo..." you mumbled, tears welling up inside your eyes as you realize he genuinely cares for you, who are a selfish person, who should not belong in this world, who tried to push them away after the incident. You can feel guilt engulfing you, and of course he noticed that the two of you weren't as close after Touya left. You barely interacted with them after all, only seeing Shoto most of the time when you went there while avoiding Touya's shrine. If it wasn't for Fuyumi who contacted you to hang out together, you wouldn't have hung out with them anymore.