十一、𝐓𝐨𝐮𝐲𝐚'𝐬 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭

You're finding a place to hide...

Natsuo was the 'demon', and the others including yourself had to hide. The playground was pretty big, so you couldn't really decide where to go. You finally noticed a rather large tree with a tree hole, and the corner of your lips slightly raised up.

"Aha! This would be a perfect hiding place!" you thought as you immediately ran towards it, not wanting to waste time since Natsuo had nearly finished counting.

You crawled inside the hole, only to find Touya inside too. You slowly widened your eyes and exclaimed "Ehhh-"

He immediately covered your mouth to stop you from making anymore noise. He placed a finger on his lips and pointed at the hole, only to hear Natsuo's footsteps from outside. You nodded your head and he slowly removed his finger while giving you a small pat, which made you hum in delight.

It was pretty dark inside, so Touya slowly raised his finger as a tiny flame appeared on his fingertip. You widened your eyes in amazement and smiled, loving the warmth coming from the fire while taking notice that the flames weren't blue.

"We can actually talk." he whispered "But you have to lower your voice so that Natsuo can't hear you."

You nodded your head and he asked curiously "Are those cat ears your quirk?"

You shook your head and answered "Nope, they weren't my quirk. I was just born with them. They weren't that useful though..."

"I think they suit you, you look cute in them," he complimented, smiling warmly.

"I t-think it's cute..."

You widened your eyes as guilt slowly rushed up to you after that. Of course you will never forget how Tenko complimented your cat ears three years ago. You will never forget about him, and how you failed to save him from All For One. You think of him almost every day, wanting to get him back while avoiding him becoming a villian. The most frustrating thing is that you can't, because you need to know his location so you can find him using your quirk. That is the first time you feel so powerless. Even though you have a powerful quirk, you can't even save a small child.

"/N)-(L/N)-san-?"

Touya's voice snapped you back to reality from your thoughts. You saw him looking at you worrily "Are you ok? You seem to have spaced off just now."

"Ah."

Your lips slightly trembled. Seeing his worried gaze makes you want to jump into his warm embrace and tell him everything. You kept all these things to yourself for a long time, and it's really tough.

You slightly open your mouth and close it again. A forced smile slowly formed as you sent him a closed-eye smile, not wanting him to notice the guilt inside your eyes and even see through your fake smile. You can't tell him, you just... can't. What would he say when he knows you don't belong in this universe in the first place? What would he say when you say you can't even save a small, helpless child when you know what's everything going on? What would he say when you told him you knew everything, including things about him?