二十一、𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐮𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭

Izuku feels like his world has turned upside down...

Not only he can't walk home with you when you're finally alone from Katsuki. Even worse, he just met All Might, the hero he admired the most, and the toppest hero actually told him to give up on his dream... because he's quirkless. He feels like he has disappointed you and your hope in him. You're the one who believed him since the beginning and put all your trust in him that he can become a hero, an amazing one too.

It's not like he doesn't want to face reality... but he really wanted to make you feel proud of him, and trust him fully to protect you. That he deserves to stand next to you... as your future partner. Should he become a police officer, just like All Might had told him? But this wasn't something he wanted to do!

A sudden explosion shakes the area, which causes Izuku to snap out of his thoughts. " Is this where the explosion earlier was?" He thought and halted his footsteps. "Hang on. Does that mean I came out of habit without noticing?"

Izuku headed over to the crowd and heard the people's mumbles to each other. He listened to them out of curiosity.

"That girl has been standing there several minutes now, not even the other heroes can stop that villain except for her."

"Does anyone know who this girl is?" She looks pretty young to be a hero."

"Dude, obviously she's not! She had a school uniform on!"

"I wonder how long it will take till that villain gets her too..."

"A girl?" He whispered to himself.

Despite the crowd blocking most of his view, he can still catch a glimpse of the sludge villain through a small gap, and his heart dropped as he realized he's at fault that the villain had escaped from All Might, who's now attacking innocent people just like what it did to him earlier.

His gaze landed on the victum that's still trapped inside the sludge villain's melting body, his eyes widened in shock and he exclaimed, "Kacchan!?"

In spite of knowing that person was his childhood... friend, he made no attempt to move from his position, as if it were stuck on the floor. It's not like he wanted to help him, after all, the blonde is his rival. But it's not like he wanted him dead either, maybe just getting hurt a bit will do.

"But if Kacchan was there, then-" He turned his focus to the mysterious girl's back. She's facing the villain with explosions on her palms, her face turned slightly in his direction, but her gaze is still fixed on the villain. This gave Izuku a better view of her face, which was glaring in hatred at the villain with her glimmering red eyes. His heart sank to the floor in shock.