九、𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

He slowly let go of the hug...

You smiled at Hawks warmly, causing his cheeks to heat up. The light appeared back in your eyes along with your emotions.

"T-thanks..." you said while your cheeks dusted light pink.

"I can't believe the child Hawks is sitting next to me! He's so cute! I wanna touch his feathers!"

"I'm Hawks, what's your name?" he asked.

"My name is (Y/N) (L/N)! Nice to meet you, Hawks!" you answered back.

Hawks slightly widened your eyes and smiled, happy that you're getting better. He noticed you kept staring at his wings and teased "Why do you keep staring at my wings? Do you really love them that much?"

You blushed in embarrassment that he nearly got a heart attack because of your cuteness.

"W-well... I really like your feathers, they look really petty and soft!" you exclaimed.

He immediately blushed at your compliment and chuckled. He touched his wings, slowly getting one of his feather out. You looked at him in surprise as he gave you one of his feathers.

"Are you really sure?" you asked, not wanting him to force himself to do this.

"Yeah I'm sure. I give you this as a present!" he said cheerfully.

You held the feather gently and smiled at him brightly "Thank you so much Hawks! I'll treasure it carefully!"

This caused him to blush furiously as he scratched the back of his head "Ma ma~"

"Hawks..." you said as he turned to you "You're gonna be an amazing hero in the future!"

His eyes widened as you continued "Like the reallyyy top ones! I know you will!"

He suddenly hugged you while wrapping his red wings around the both of you. You rested your head on his shoulder and patted his back, knowing how tragic his past is. His past is dark (though yours is even worse). He had a criminal father who often abused him and a miserable mother who could barely do anything. He suffered a lot at that time.

•┈••✦ ❤ ✦••┈•

He nearly cried when you said that, but he held it. The moment he was saved by Endeavor from his abusive father, he swore to himself that he will become a hero just like him and save lots of people. He trained really hard because of that.

He's really happy that he saved you just in time and what you told him. You told him that he's going to be one of the top heroes, which is why he'll work even harder just for you. He'll protect you from any harm. He'll be your hero.