Chapter 11: The Comfort of Vanitas

Yang POV

As I wake up seeing it's already morning,  I look seeing my sister and teammates are still asleep. I get out of bed stretching.

Yang: Huh.

I look around not seeing Vanitas anywhere. I look seeing a bag on the table.

Yang: Much be Vanitas bag, I shouldn't touch this.

I place it back and go to the bathroom to clean up.

Yang: Refreshing.

I look down seeing some bottles, I picked up one and read.

Yang: Hair lotion.

I smile seeing the hand made hair lotion, I use it on my hair. It make my hair as smooth as silk.

Yang: I can get use to this, I wonder how did he made it?

I look down seeing a lot of bottles all of them were hand made.

Yang: Just how many does he have?

I then finish my morning bath and walk outside I saw Blake and Weiss standing looking at Ruby.

I walk closer seeing Ruby was crying.

Yang: Ruby? What's wrong?

Weiss: We aren't sure, we just wake up and saw her like this.

My eyes then landed on the bag in her her hand, I could see inside were cookies.

Yang: Um, Ruby what's wrong.

Ruby: This is... is mother cookies.

Yang: What?

Blake: What do you mean?

Yang: Ruby let me try.

I take a cookie and take a bite, as tear fall from my eye.

Yang: This really is her cookie...how did it get here?

Weiss: Guy what is going on?

Blake: What it's about your mom?

Yang: We lost our mother 9 year ago, she went on a mission but never return. She used to make cookies for us everyday. We haven't taste her cookie in year and yet...

I look down at the cookie in my hand

Yang: How did her cookie get here?

Vanitas: I made them.

We turn seeing Vanitas holding a bag fill with items. Ruby ran pass us, grabbing his shirt and ask.

Ruby: How did you know this?

Vanitas: She teach me.

Ruby: You meet her? Where is she?

Vanitas: *sigh* 10 year ago she come to me and my mother, apparently she was about to go to do a mission. She stop by at our place, she then teach me this recipe. She comes by once in awhile before stop coming completely.

Ruby hold on to his shirt putting her face on his chest and cry. He put his hand on her head trying to comfort her.

 He put his hand on her head trying to comfort her