Chapter 40: Unexpected Meeting

Ruby POV

We are currently inside a bullhead flying to the direction that my mother cloak are headed. Yang and I were excited to say at least, uncle and dad are skeptical about it but agree to go along with us. Weiss and Blake also follow to see what happen. Vanitas was outside the bullhead riding Avian holding the cloak we follow him.

Yesterday

After the conversation with Vanitas, dad didn't take a liking to him for obvious reasons.

Yang: Hey sis, do you think I am a bad person?

Ruby: What no sis you-

Yang: I attack a friend out of rage for something that he have no control over. I still have a loving family while he is alone. I don't think I deserve to be a huntress anymore.

Ruby: No sis don't say that.

Weiss: Yang we all have that moment that we regret our action. You are just the same.

Blake: Yeah, I am sure he will forgive you eventually.

Weiss: By they way why are you wet?

Blake: Well... He kinda throw me off the cliff.

Weiss: That jerk throw you off the cliff?

Blake: Yeah but at least he decided to come.

Ruby: Let's just hope everything will go back to normal soon.

We talk for a bit until I realized my mother cloak was pick up by the wind and sent flying outside somewhere. I ran down looking for it but stop when I see Vanitas holding it but it was moving in a direction opposite from the wind.

Vanitas: Ruby where are your family?

Ruby: Oh they are still in the infirmary with Yang.

Vanitas: Where did you live?

Ruby: Patch in that direction.

I pointed

Vanitas: Your mother gravel?

Ruby: Uh, also at Patch.

His questions was getting a bit creepy.

Vanitas: Ruby I think your mother is alive.

Ruby: Vanitas please don't joke like that, it's not funny.

Vanitas: I found this knowing it was your so I use a spell to make it go to you but it's going the opposite direction from where your family at or your house. That's just mean one thing, your mother is alive and out there somewhere.

Back to present

We landed in a village in some island we follow the cloak until we reached a bakery. We go inside my eyes widen and tear began to fall down it.

Summer: Greeting what can I help you-

Her eyes widen see us.

We all ran towards her happily Blake, Weiss and Vanitas stay back.

Summer: Qrow, Tai it's been so long how are you?

Tai: Summer, dear. I thought you- you were...

He began to cry hugging her.

Ruby: Mother I-

Summer: What? Qrow when did you have a daughter?

My widen hearing this.

Qrow: Sum, she is your daughter.

Summer: Don't joke like that Qrow, my daughter is over there.

She pointed towards a girl that seem to be around 5 or 6 year old.