Chapter 35: Confronting

Vanitas POV

I was inside a cafe waiting, it was then Medusa show up.

Vanitas: Took you long enough.

Medusa: Oh c'mon I couldn't have been that long.

Vanitas: You said meet you here at 7:30 it 9:00 already.

Medusa: Better late then never.

Vanitas: *sigh* Why do I feel like killing you some day?

Medusa: Oh?

Her golden eyes flare up as her hair turn to living black snakes that slowly crawl up my hand then up to my neck.

I still look at her, unfade. I could see the other people around look shock. It's not everyday seeing a beautiful girl hair turn to snakes. She then smile retracting her snakes turning her hair back to normal.

Medusa: I heard about your fight with the prince. So how many nicknames do you have now, Vanitas?

Vanitas: Let's see, Vanilla, Vani (Yang), Jerk (Weiss), Faker (Felix), Blue (Blood), Darling (Yue), Cursed Bearer (Vampire).

Medusa: Um, that's way more than I remember, so I heard you use it again.

Vanitas: It was only because it was the only way for me to beat him.

Medusa: You gonna confront your past somehow, even if it's your darkest failure.

Vanitas: Off subject.

Medusa: *sigh* Like you said, I do so digging to find out about Felix Vanitas like you said.

She pull out a files placing on the table, I open it and read the file.

Vanitas: As expected from your ability to gather info is very useful. Info Breaker.

She look at me smirking then turn her attention back to the files.

Medusa: He is the son Nel Vanitas the current king of Uruk. His mother died giving birth to him. He is a only child. His semblance is "Gate of Babylon" a semblance that was passed down from generation, similar to the "Glyphs" from the Scnhee. Apparently his ancestor Gilgamesh marry an unknown woman. After their marriage his name become Gilgamesh Vanitas.

Vanitas: I see. Huhaaha.

Medusa: Oh? What's make you laugh?

Vanitas: Do you know what make us Blue Moon different from other?

Medusa: What's it?

Vanitas: We might came from different time but we all have one thing in common. We all are curious creature, we like to learn, experience new things. Then we record our experience into the Book of Vanitas.

Medusa: I see, no wonder why you like to learn.

Vanitas: I checked my family tree, the Vanitas from that time marry a king of some kingdom but their child was a normal human, the kid wasn't even a half vampire or have the blue moon blood running in it.