Chapter 16: The Ambush

Vanitas POV

My book open, the pages flip on it own as blue light came out from it. I was facing Pyrrha's fan group.

Vanitas: Last chance to back down.

Suddenly someone grab my book and running towards them, but was stop by the silver chain from my book that was wrap around my hand.

Vanitas: Heh?

The students was skinny not having much muscle and wearing glasses.

Vanitas: Let's go, nerd!

Suddenly a student jump up cutting of the chain with his sword making him fall back holding my book.

Vanitas: Bastard!

Nerd: I got the book!

Student 1: Hahaha! Good job! Now he is powerless again us.

He then grab my book talking out a lighter.

Student 1: I will make sure you I burn this curses book of your.

Flashback

Luna: Dear, I want you to have this.

She give me a blue clockwork grimoire the book of Vanitas.

Vanitas: But isn't this your?

Luna: I want this to be the symbol of our bond as mother and son.

Vanitas: But... Why me? There are many other kids that deserve to live and yet you decided to save me.

Luna: Because you are special, you go through those tests like them and yet only you survived.

I look down at the grimoire.

Luna: One day I won't be in this world anymore so I want someone to pass down this legacy. An inheriter to the Blue Moon clan. Can you do that for me?

Vanitas: I will.

Flashback End.

I pull my arm back throwing a punch as my arm stretch out punching him in the face.

Vanitas: Black Mamba!

My fist stretch out and punch him sending him flying back. I quickly grab my book before my hand pull back.

Vanitas: I already don't care if you try to ambush me but stealing my book and trying to destroy it. That I won't forgive!

Two light came out from my book as I summon Avian and Cancer. They start to get into a fighting stand.

Cancer dug down as large stone wall came out from the ground blocking all escape, Avian fly around close to the wall as flame go off on it. Created a fire wall trapping them all inside with me.

Student 2: Everyone ready your weapon!

They was about to jump at me but stop when the ground where they stand break making them lost their balance.

My book open and the pages started to flip on it own and blue light came out.