Chapter 22: Black And Blue

Vanitas POV

Inside a hotel were Blake and I stay, after meeting Sun. I decided to help them investigate about the White Fang.

Blake: Why are you helping me?

Vanitas: Who know.

Blake: Isn't Weiss important to you? Why do you want to help someone like me?

Vanitas: *sigh* After all this time, you really need reason from me?

She nodded

Vanitas: How should I say this? My relationship with you four is special, you could say.

Blake: What?

Vanitas: To be honest you four are the first friends I truly ever have. I live most of my life with my mother Luna.

Blake: Your mother? I thought you said you live with the Vampire of The Blue Moon.

Vanitas: Yes she is the Vampire of The Blue Moon, Luna.

Flashback

After she save me from that laboratory, I live with her for 5 year before we finally go out to see the outside world.

We were walking in the streets of Mistral, she wear her cloak with black gloves and a white mask to cover herself. While I also wear a cloak with blue scarf.

Luna: So this is the city. Interesting.

Vanitas: Wait? This is your first time here?

Luna: In day time actually, I never knew there would be so many shop open, I wonder if any of this food they are selling is as good as your.

Vanitas: Who know.

I look to my side seeing many shop that sell so much stuff. While walking I accidentally bum into a red hair girl in a yellow dress.

Girl: I'm sorry.

Vanitas: ...

Girl: I'm sorry again.

She began to run pass me.

Luna: You should be more nice to other people Vanitas.

Vanitas: I don't see the point in that.

Luna: Dear, I know what you have been thought and it might be hard for you to trust other but you gonna open your heart one day.

Vanitas: I still don't see the point in that while I have you.

Luna: *chuckle* My my, what if one day I won't be on this world anymore, then what will you do, dear?

Vanitas: I... That won't happen, you been living for over hundred years already.

Luna: I guess you are right but still I want you to walk your own path in life with people that you love with you. That's what any mother want for their kid.

Flashback End

Blake: So what happened to her?

Vanitas: She... isn't with me anymore.

I look down avoiding eye contact.

Blake: I'm so sorry, Vanitas.

Vanitas: It don't matter now, let get some sleep.

I walk pass the bed seeing a box on the table, I open it and see some kind of small package.

Vanitas: What's this?

Blake: *blush* Vanitas, that is-

Vanitas: What's it? Some kind of balloon?

Blake: *blush* No that is not a balloon, that's- give me that.