Chapter 12: The Melody

Glynda POV

It's currently lunch time while I made my way to the teacher lounge. I have to get my bag first before going to have lunch. I made my way through the students hall suddenly I heard sounds of violin playing.

Glynda: What the?

It's been so long since I heard a violin after his death, I follow the sound of the violin finally ending up in the last room of the hall, room 069.

Glynda: Could it be?

I open the door seeing Mr Luna play a violin, he finished and turn to me.

Glynda: Is that you playing?

I then walk in approaching him.

Vanitas: Yes, is something wrong?

I shake my head

Glynda: No, it's just. I haven't heard a violin in year. What's the violin name?

Vanitas: Blue Moon.

Glynda: What a pretty name. Can you play me a song?

Vanitas: Sure.

He then play another song as I sat on the bunk bed and listen to him. After the death of my best friend years ago I haven't listen to another violin since today.

Vanitas POV

After team RWBY go to have lunch, I stay inside my dorm room taking out Blue Moon, I then start playing it.

Flashback

I was 12 year old, I look around the room seeing Luna carving some wood.

Vanitas: Mother what are you doing?

Luna: I am making you a gift.

Vanitas: A gift? Alright what do you want to eat tonight?

Luna: No, no, no Vanitas, no catch. I just want to make you something as gift.

Vanitas: Heh, I don't believe it.

Luna: *chuckle* When I'm done you will know what the gift is, Vanitas.

Time Skip

Luna: Open it Vanitas.

I open the gift that Luna made me, it was a violin.

Vanitas: This is.

Luna: A violin that I made for you.

Vanitas: What do you call it?

Luna: I haven't name it yet. Why don't you give it a name, dear.

Vanitas: How about... Blue Moon.

Luna: What a pretty name.