Chapter VII: Benevolence

~.~

'In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being.'

'We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit.'

~.~

As (Y/N) picks her jaw up from the floor, she watched as Mikey's usual smile returned to his face. "Sorry, Kenny." Mikey suddenly apologized, turning to look over his shoulder and toward the vice-commander.

"—I couldn't hold back," he added; a tiny bead of sweat falling from his face. Through this, Draken just dramatically sighed with a grin as well. "What am I gonna do with you, Mikey?" He asked softly.

The childish yet tender moment between the two was oddly wholesome, but it didn't stop (Y/N) from noticing Osanai shift his body over to something sharp. It was a rather discreet movement, but it wasn't enough to get past the female's wandering gaze.

A broken bottle.

With this, the angered male charged headfirst toward Mikey with the bottle, releasing a loud battle cry. (Y/N) panics as she calls out to the unexpecting blond-haired boy. "Mikey!"

"Behind you!" Takemichi added; groaning after having put pressure on his lungs.

With such loud cries, Mikey looks behind him with marvel. Though, he didn't seem quick enough to dodge the attack. Then the horrifying blood splatter sound was heard, and everyone was taken aback.

Oddly enough, (Y/N) appeared to have taken a direct blow from the bottle into her left hand. She winces with pain, her right eye closing upon instinct. But it wasn't long until she intertwined her right arm with Osanai's and rotated his body flat onto the ground, chest first. The glass bottle was then squeezed from his grasp as she withheld him in a harsh armlock.

She grunts, holding him still as he groaned from exhaustion, "It's over, asshole!" She roared through her teeth; silencing the entire warehouse in an instant. "You lost, Osanai. And from here on out, I would think twice about fucking with me again."

Her arms then twist as the dreadful hold was tightened; further bending the bones of the defeated male, exacerbating his agony. Draken notices this and approaches (Y/N), taking a fistful of Osanai's blond hair, along with his opposite arm that wasn't being restrained by the strong female.

"(Y/N), let him go." Draken urged. Despite his calming words, (Y/N)'s grip grows tighter, almost as if she wanted Osanai to suffer just a bit longer.

Draken huffs with impatience. "(Y/N)...!" he exclaimed; watching as the female paused for a second. "...—I've got this covered. Thank you." He reassured; observing as (Y/N) stared at Osanai's lifeless eyes for a moment before finally releasing the disgusting male completely.

"Yeah, I heard the first time dammit...!" she grumbled; raising her hands in surrender.

With this, Draken then kneed Osanai in the gut, watching as he groaned in torment; his eyes then completely turned white as he passed out in the vice-commander's arms.

The sudden action was seen as a shock to Moebius, but (Y/N) didn't falter in the slightest. Instead, she redirected her attention to her injured left-hand; it was bleeding but the pain subsided quickly, possibly from her adrenaline.

'Despite me not caring about these guys whatsoever... I stepped in and saved Mikey's life...' She pondered; closing her wounded fist. 'My body just... moved on its own...'