Chapter XIV: Contemplation

~.~

"No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another."

~.~

After such a good save on the behalf of the commander of Toman, now stood the last remaining foes of the night.

So, at this point in time, the fight between Moebius and Toman was now approaching its climax, resulting in the only remaining competitors being Mikey and Hanma.

Their battle had finally begun

But as expected, the temporary commander was up on his feet once again, slightly angered by the sudden entrance of the commander of Toman. Now bloody, Hanma scoffs. "Really, Mikey?" He huffed. "Protecting a girl who can obviously hold her own? What, you think you're some sort of hero?"

Mikey displays bitterness. "Shut up." He hissed, wasting absolutely no time before he dashed toward the tall male, his leg swooping up and swinging another fierce kick, nearly sending the taller male falling to the ground once more. Hanma's eyes wide and he instinctively blocks, now displaying some sort of intimidation by Mikey.

And as their battle began, they were in their own world, not paying any further attention to the wounded woman not too far from them.

(Y/N), now in utter astonishment, felt as if her jaw had practically stapled itself to the ground. But that's when she shook her head, snapping herself out of her baffled daze. She knew that Mikey had granted her an opening to escape, and she knew better than to waste it.

'Stop staring, damnit! I gotta... stand!' The girl thought; her bloody palms scrapping the hard gravel as she attempted to sit upright.

With this, a simple shift is granted by the injured girl's limbs, moving ever so slowly. And, in moments, her arms moved. And then, in moments, her legs followed suit; suffering the pain of lifting her upper body weight. 'Mikey's got this handled...! He didn't save me just so I could lie back and observe...!'

(Y/N)'s legs wobble, but luckily they're mobile. It was a blessing that Hanma didn't attempt at breaking her legs, not to mention he could've from the very beginning.

Could it be that he was just "playing with his food" from the start?

Well, none of that mattered at the moment. After all, (Y/N) had one last job to do and she had already wasted enough time. Kiyomasa was successful in catching Draken off guard, and now someone needed to assist both him and Takemichi.

With this, (Y/N) grunts and groans, blood still painting her dark lips as nothing but agony filled her entire being from the inside out. But, after a few pushes; she was standing yet again, just barely.

A sigh of relief is released.'Yes...! Now, move no matter how bad it hurts! Go find your friends!!'

A soft step is taken and (Y/N) is immediately hissing in pain, the slightest movement felt like a punch to the gut all over again. It couldn't stop her from groaning out loud. If it weren't for Mikey distracting Hanma, the temporary commander would've definitely heard her after that, and finished the job.

Another deep breath is taken, but instantly (Y/N) feels short of breath. She then covered her mouth, withholding another aching cough. But upon doing so, an ounce of blood is spilled into her palms as she gazed down at it with shock. She then scowled, 'Pathetic... I really got my ass beat by a fucking maniac...! Well, the least I can do is get the hell out of here... move... move!!'