Chapter X: Celebration

~.~

"Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."

~.~

[August 3rd, 2005 - Friday]

[The Night of The Musashi Festival]

It was now the night of the Musashi Festival. Several amounts of food and games were scattered across the entire Musashi area. Along with decorations that came together to light up the entire evening, like stars in the gorgeous night sky. As dozens of individuals arrived arm in arm with their partners and families, everything felt so divine.

It felt almost heavenly, unless you were (Y/N). She, on the other hand, wasn't pleased in the slightest.

"Althea, don't you think wearing these were a bit... unnecessary?" (Y/N) inquired; tugging at the collar of her kimono as she and Althea strutted to the entrance of the festival.

The duo appeared to be the first to even arrive at the glorious event, not to mention Althea made sure that they looked the part. So, of course, such a question almost seemed preposterous. "Of course not! What, do you not like them?"

(Y/N) takes a peek at her kimono once more; gazing longingly at the orange and reddish color scheme. She then sighs, "It's not that. It's just very... hot." She mumbles; slightly fanning herself with her dominant hand.

Althea raises a brow, "Well, it wouldn't be so hot if you didn't wear that black tank top underneath. You're gonna sweat to death...!" She sassed; placing her hands on her hips with a pout. The taller female rolls her eyes at the comment; averting Althea's gaze.

Despite it being true, she protested. "It's not my fault that it gets cold at night like it's Antarctica..." She grumbled.

The petite girl snickers softly before turning to check the time on her cell phone, causing an awkward silence to form between the two. "Uh... so..." Althea clears her throat; breaking the silence. "Hina said it'll be a while before she and Emma get here..."

(Y/N) hums in response. "What about Takemichi and Draken?" She inquired; Althea then flashes her cell phone toward the girl. "Neither of them texted me back yet...! Guess they're all gonna be a bit late. Traffic is pretty rough tonight..."

Upon uttering that statement, (Y/N) groans; crossing her arms out of impatience, "Great. That's just great..." she scowls. Another moment of silence erupts between the two, leading Althea to take the initiative to move closer.

"Um... hey, (Y/N)?" She murmured; flashing a nervous smile. "While we're here? I just wanna say that I'm glad you wanted to hang out with me tonight...!" She beams.

The taller female is taken aback but nods regardless. "Of course, Althea...! Why wouldn't I want to hang out with you?" The comment alone was indeed a bold response, it was almost too much for the petite girl. With this, Althea couldn't help but perk up in a panic. "Well—? I kinda just assumed that—! You know— with your job and everything—!"

That's when a voice called from afar; halting Althea in her stammering.

"(Y/N), Althea!" Takemichi exclaimed; waving his hand frantically as Draken trailed slowly behind. Surprisingly, both males appeared to be wearing nothing formal at all, they just wore their regular clothes per usual. It was almost embarrassing.