Chapter XXVII: No hard feelings...

~.~

"I'll do whatever it takes to stop him."

~.~

The feeling of dread mixed with the smoke of an old-used cigarette was atrocious. 

At this rate, the need to gag along with wanting to disappear felt merciful, heavenly even. Time had seemingly passed; like a clock being moved forward by hand, and like a puppeteer pulling the strings and moving everyone around.

(Y/N) felt like this puppet. It was gross, irksome, disgusting.

She had to do something, she had to cut the strings. Or else she'll dive into this endless abyss, full of sorrow and pain; never to know freedom again.

"Trust your instincts."

Those words rang within (Y/N)'s head, louder than any alarm clock she had set for her dreadful job.

"Trust your instincts"

Her blood boiled and cooled at the same time, her mind spinning as it broke down and rebuilt every puzzle piece she could find, struggling to decode and analyze what those words truly meant. What could she do? What did Baji mean by any of it?

"Trust your...instincts."

How is that possible? How does one cut off their chains with a mere pair of scissors? How does one undo their binds within a tiny room, with no tools, walls, or doors in sight?

Can freedom be earned or given? And was she worthy of such things?

The blood of her sister was still plastered on her hands, each drop that was spilled only added another link to her chain, her prison. In her mind, she got what was coming to her. 

She deserved this.

And yet, she wants to be free. Pretty selfish, right?

Her stomach turns as she marches toward the large crowd of men, thousands upon thousands of Valhalla, all waiting, groaning, and itching to paint the entire town red. She could almost gag at the thought.

In just moments, she would have to fight— kill someone...

Kill Mikey...

Her fists clenched, her expression hardening with anxiousness. This was it, it was now or never. No more running, no more hiding, it was time to face her demons.

Or be consumed by them.

"Ah, (Y/N)! There you are~" said a very familiar voice. A voice so sinister that it was enough to make the earth shake with fear. In fact, (Y/N) could feel a slight earthquake oncoming right now in the pits of the belly.

She sighs softly, her head tilting downward as an arm wrapped around her neck, Hanma's arm. "And here I thought you weren't gonna show up~" He teased; leaning into the girl's ear as his grip slightly tightened; his breath was scorching. "But we both know what would happen if you tried to do that~"

(Y/N) stifles a harsh retort as she shakes herself free from Hanma's grasp, "Are you seriously tryna intimidate me now? Weren't you the one who wanted me to stay focused?"

Hanma cocks a brow before giggling like a spoiled schoolgirl, "Oh? Look at you being on guard. You definitely have grown since the day you joined us. I gotta say, I'm proud of you, (Y/N). You're finally seeing things my way."