Chapter XXIV: Eye for An Eye

[TW: Mention of Slight Gore, Mention of Blood, Hardcore Manipulation]

~.~

"You say the cruelest words; they used to break my heart."

~.~

"You are insane..." Chifuyu snickered; his hand tightening around his grey umbrella as the rain began to simmer.

The two blondes were well on their way out of the cemetery at this point; after confronting Mikey, Takemichi subconsciously vowed to make things right before it was too late. But the question was whether he was simply getting ahead of himself, or did he actually mean every word that he said?

With a somber voice, Takemichi lowers his head; his umbrella tilting downward, "Yeah..." He agreed, "I still have no idea why I said all that..." A sharp pang shoots through Takemichi's chest; causing his body to jolt as he grabbed at his collar, "My heart is still racing!"

Chifuyu hums in retort; his eyes closing with admiration, "In any case, I'm glad you said what you said," He admitted; halting in his tracks.

Takemichi is left dumbfounded; his feet halting as well, "Huh? What do you mean?"

Chifuyu's eyes stare up ahead for a split moment before his eyes meet Takemichi's once again; his hand is pushed outward, "It means that I'll help you reach your goal. You helped me realize that we haven't lost yet." He proclaimed, "But that's only if you help me out as well."

Takemichi is taken aback; his eyes wide like a deer in headlights, "Huh?! So...does this mean you believe me? That I can actually become the head of Toman?"

The mere inquiry made Chifuyu snicker, "Are you kidding? Hell no."

The response sent a spear through Takemichi's chest; his eyes welling up with dramatic tears. "I knew it! You want my help yet you don't even think I can do it!!" He pouts; turning away with his arms crossed. 

Chifuyu is, once again, unbothered; walking ahead of Takemichi as he rolled his eyes, "Oh chill out. I'm still gonna help you," He humbly admitted, "After all, who else is gonna get Baji and (Y/N) back? Because last time I checked, she and the commander aren't exactly on 'good terms'."

Takemichi looks back at the forgotten cemetery; his lips curling into a slight frown, "Yeah..." He agreed; turning back to Chifuyu as he matched his pace again; their shoulders just barely touching.

'This is our chance. With Chifuyu's help, we'll hopefully be able to bring Baji and (Y/N) back, then expose Kisaki! If we just play our cards right, we just might be able to pull this off!'

The mere thought was enough to raise Takemichi's head up high, and his blue eyes stared up at the dark clouds, "Chifuyu, we're gonna win this. I promise!" He asserted.

The shorter blonde boy is taken aback by the statement; his non-patched eye blinking as he cringed, "No need to act like the main character, dumbass. We haven't even gotten started yet." Takemichi jolts with an embarrassed blush, "Huh?! Hey! I'm just trying to get us motivated!!" He argued; watching as Chifuyu walked even further up ahead, his lips forming a sassy pout.

"Well, don't. You sound ridiculous," He sneered; watching as Takemichi rushed up to him with a vein protruding from his temple.

"Hey! Can't you be a bit nicer to me since I'm younger than you?!" He bellowed.

Chifuyu pauses with a brow raised; then he giggles some more, "Oh wow, this is awkward." His hand cups his lips as he fails to submerge another snicker, "Dude, I'm younger than you. We're in the same grade."