Chapter XV: Despair

[TW: Slight Gore(?)]

~.~

"Tears are words that need to be written."

"Tears are words the heart can't express."

"Tears are the summer showers to the soul."

~.~

"Akkun?!" (Y/N) exclaims, stumbling over her own feet as she barely took a step forward.

Now standing before the trio was a familiar wine-haired boy as he rushed onto the scene. He stood tall, huffing after giving Kiyomasa's second in command a fierce left hook, all the while not speaking a word.

Until, in moments, Akkun smiled.

"What you crying for this time, Takemichi?" He affirmed; looking over his shoulder and at the perplexed blond.

"Crybaby hero."

The trio furrows their brows, unable to find the correct words to even say.

"Akkun? What...?" Takemichi huffed, baffled beyond belief. He wanted to conjure up a million questions and yet, barely anything slipped from his mouth.

And, of course, Akkun only spoke over him as his fists balled. "No need to thank us. The ferocious five is in the house!!" That's when the remaining members of the five appeared, Makoto stood in a flying crane pose while Yamagishi squatted with his hands readied.

A collection of confused groans are exchanged as the trio took a few steps back. In contrast, (Y/N) only stepped forward once again. "But? How...— how did you guys get here—?!" She stammered; eyes wide.

The wine-haired boy only beamed. "Hinata said you needed help! Althea did too." He affirmed.

"So now? Just leave this to us! You three have done enough" Takuya added; smiling with certainty.

"Yeah! We'll show you three that we're as strong as you! We'll float like a butterfly...!!" Shouted Makoto.

"...—And sting like a bee!" Screamed Yamagishi.

And, in unison, they exclaimed a collective "HI-YAH!" before charging blindly toward Kiyomasa's crew.

 All in all, it was more of a scuffle than anything, a couple of punches exchanged and some headshots here and there, but the overall end result was pretty...pathetic.

~.~

Now heavily outnumbered and practically defeated, the Mizo Mid Five collectively struggled to defend themselves against Kiyomasa's crew.

"All you did was give us more to kick!" Kiyomasa's second in command spouted; striking Akkun in the chin as he fell onto his back. "So what are you gonna do now?!" They roared, continuing their assault on the poor, defenseless males.

On the other hand, the wounded trio just stood there, watching the chaos ensue, happy to have been granted some breathing room.

Even (Y/N) couldn't decide if she felt gratitude or second-hand embarrassment.

'I don't know whether to laugh or cry for them right now...' She thought, struggling to withhold the urge to facepalm.

That's when a voice emerged just before she could muster up a comment. "(Y/N)... Draken..." Takemichi huffed. "I'm sorry..." he murmured once again; lowering his head in meaningless defeat.