Chapter 2

Wanda looked so beautiful in blazer and slacks so green they complimented her eyes.

She seemed to swallow the insults that she was supposed to throw at you for being late, assuming you were just another tardy student who could get away with anything because of old money.

Releasing a soft sigh after composing herself, Wanda began to discuss about the syllabus.

Minutes just ticked by as you found yourself entranced by the way she talked. You couldn't even pinpoint what accent she had, you just knew it was both amazing and sexy, you could listen to her talk for hours, even mutter nonsense things, or even just enumerate the list of states in America.

Thoughts from last night began to consume you the more you stared. She seemed to exude that feeling of safety and love that you swore, in your previous life, she was your soulmate. And you never could imagine any other way.

It was your last year in the university, taking up Creative Writing. And on those years, you literally never saw her in the school grounds.

Maybe she stayed indoors. Or maybe she only teached Advanced Literature 4 to graduating students.

You began to bite your lower lip as your gaze lingered at her. Checking out the professor would be a crime but it was hard not to stare at her, not after what happened last night.

At least now, it didn't seem illegal to look because everyone in the class was looking at her anyway. And that was how you got away with it.

You must have given all your attention towards her that you didn't even notice an hour and a half already passed.

Did you learn something from the lesson? You slapped mentally at yourself.

At least you now knew that she always licked her lips everytime she's waiting from the class for an answer to her question. Or the way she crunches up her nose as she laughed at the incredulous answers given to her.

You knew you shouldn't even try to get your hopes up, to ask for more than what had been given last night.

But was it cruel if you wanted more?

You found yourself prolonging on leaving the room, gathering your things at a leisurely pace, other students have already left.

You just wanted to say hi. Nothing more.

But to your disappointment, a group of students already went to Wanda for a follow-up discussion on a topic she mentioned earlier. And you felt like it would take time. You knew you'd be late to your next class so you hesitantly left the room.

Your bestfriend, Kate, met with you during lunchtime in the cafeteria. With nothing to talk about aside from the thesis project her professor has already assigned to the class on their first day and listened to her talk about how hotter her crush, Yelena, had gotten over the summer, you decided to share what happened to you last night.

Kate looked at you with bewildered eyes.

"So?" she asked, her fork dangling in mid-air.

"So what?"

She sighed, pointing to the obvious. "Did you get her number?"

"No," you immediately answered, as you stared down at the half eaten chicken sandwich before you, avoiding your bestfriend's eyes.

You were never a flirt. You didn't do dates. Your last ex-girlfriend was from highschool and you weren't even sure if that was even a relationship.

Last night brought something different out of you, that you didn't even know you had. Maybe the fact that Wanda initiated, even if it was only pretend, gave you a rush of excitement and realization that you could actually date.