Chapter 6

Awkward. That was the word you would describe how the supposed dinner date turned out when you, being the nice person you were, invited Robbie to join.

After recovering from the frustration you felt at Robbie for disrupting the kiss that was about to happen, you gave him a seat in your table. Besides, you cooked enough for three anyway so you thought why not.

Listening to Wanda and Robbie talk about what they did when they were just kids, how Pietro was always the badass one amongst the three of them, and that nothing was the same anymore when Robbie left their neighborhood after highschool graduation, your face grew numb from putting on a smiley facade.

It wasn't because you were jealous. No. Wanda was not even yours. Even when she introduced you as her girlfriend, you knew it was just formalities. She just didn't want to get caught in her lie. But when Robbie mentioned about how Wanda used to give him kisses when she was just six years old and he was nine, and you could see how Wanda's cheeks suddenly turned red from embarassment, you confirmed that it was indeed jealousy that you felt.

The guy wasn't even trying to make you envy because he was just giving you warnings about how Wanda could be affectionate and clingy if she wanted to be. Smiling through the entire conversation, you thought you've murdered the lava cake you bought for the night, stabbing it with your fork multiple times, the chocolate being the blood.

You didn't know if Robbie was pushing his luck but when he said that Pietro wanted to meet up later and catch on, he asked Wanda if she could come. For old time's sake.

When you saw Wanda glance at you with eyes asking for permission, you simply agreed explaining you had homework to finish anyway. What you didn't expect was the look of disappointment on Wanda's face. Were you reading her wrong?

It was almost midnight when Wanda came back to the apartment. You weren't waiting for her. In fact, you went to bed around 10pm but you couldn't find yourself to sleep thinking why Wanda hasn't updated where she was. Wouldn't they wonder why she wasn't calling you like the good girlfriend she should be? Or did she finally tell Robbie and Pietro about your arrangement and that it was okay for her to stay up late anyway? Did she kiss Robbie too, like she used to when they were kids?

When the door of the bedroom opened, you pretended to be asleep with your back at Wanda. You felt the bed dip beside you and after a moment, Wanda's arm slipped around you as she hugged you from the back. The action warmed your heart, making it beat like crazy, hiding the sudden hitch from your breath by faking an innocent light snore. You felt her lips on the back of your head but you could just be imagining it. Wanda was so warm and soft that you finally found yourself succumbing to sleep.

During breakfast, you and Wanda seemed to be walking on eggshells. You wanted to know how her night went with Pietro and Robbie but you didn't want her to think that you were being too nosy because, technically, it wasn't any of your business.

Although most of the time, you found Wanda's mouth open and close as if  hesitating to ask something, like her mind was full of questions dying to come out. But it never came.

Wanda gave you a ride to school since you had her first class on that day. When you arrived, Pietro just parked his car beside hers in the parking lot.

"Hey, Y/n! Hey sis!" he greeted. You smiled back and waved.

"Sorry, I couldn't go last night... I got caught up with work," he went on as he gave his sister a peck on the cheeks. And then he was talking about something else that you couldn't even be bothered to listen as you excused yourself to go inside the school.

Your chest ached on the revelation that Wanda and Robbie were alone together last night. Without Pietro. And it bothered you a lot, you didn't even notice someone coming your way, bumping into you.