Chapter 20

It was raining cats and dogs when you woke up. At times like this, you'd pull your blanket tighter around your body, even covering yourself with layers of it. But today was different. A good kind of different, when you could feel warmth pressed against you, head buried perfectly on the crook of your neck and shoulder, breathing soft puffs of air hitting your jaw.

A smile crept up on your face upon recognizing the smell of Wanda's shampoo or the softness of her skin on yours or the small cute snores she was making when you attempted to move a little.

Her arms and legs wrapped around your body, clinging like a koala bear, imprisoning you, claiming you. You weren't complaining. You knew you belonged to her, including the heart you'd set aside and fixed just for her.

You could get used to waking up like that, enjoying that small part of your day before facing reality. That moment of peacefulness and clarity with her and only her.

Eyes sore from crying yesterday, a tear still managed to slip down the side of your face, never believing this was real, that Wanda was really here with you after everything that transpired from previous days or even years, that Wanda still chose you.

She could have moved on. She could have left when you rejected her for countless times. She could have anyone she want, anyone would die just to be with her. But she still chose you.

You thought Wanda had already left for London because you were scared to open your heart for her just to get hurt again. You'd become paranoid and selfish. It never crossed your mind how Wanda shared the same sentiments. That she had done a lot to come back home for you.

You thought it was over. That you had pushed her away for good, she had already given up on you.

But as your eyes met hers the moment you stood straight against the wall of the boarding gate, determined to buy yourself a ticket to London, time froze. The airport was jam-packed with people but everything just fleeted past around you paused like a blur, and only one figure was moving constantly, your sole focus. Wanda.

Wanda's piercing green eyes still red from crying were looking through yours, bewildered, as if she was going insane for seeing you there. You weren't faring much better either, when you thought it was just too good to be true. Expectations never really were cohesive with reality.

She could have been the love who got away twice and you felt sorry how you took her for granted.

Hesitant. You and Wanda were both hesitant, wondering if the world was cruel to make fun of you two, playing with your heads, mixing your imaginations with the real world that you both couldn't figure out which was true anymore.

It took you and Wanda a moment before realization hit you like a ton of bricks, feet dragging your bodies slowly towards each other, meeting halfway. You must had skipped the remaining distance as she jumped at you, her arms immediately wrapping around your shoulders while yours around her waist, supporting her when her legs started to cling around your body as well.

A dam opened in your eyes as you pressed your face against her hair. You felt her crying too when she buried her face on your neck. The two of you were muttering apologies after apologies to each other's ear, unwavering.

After a moment, Wanda finally pulled away as her hands went to cradle your face, pressing her lips against yours in a searing kiss, a promise, a way to prove herself you were real and she wasn't just making you up in her head.

You kissed her back just as desperate, never thinking you could feel her soft mouth on yours again. Tongues fought for dominance as the kiss deepened, relishing the taste salty from tears, as if declaring wordlessly 'I am here, and I am staying' with the way your mouths savored each other.