Chapter 13

"Wands, I love you."

Those were the words that caused the floodgates of Wanda's eyes to open as she bursted into tears. She never meant for this to get out of control. If only she had been careful enough, if only she had just waited until you both got home to sort it out, every doubts and insecurities she had with you, with your friends, with her jealousy on Carol, then nothing of these would have happened.

Jarvis wouldn't have found out if it wasn't for that one small slip of revelation, a mistake.

It was Wanda's fault. She let her envy get through her. The moment she saw you hug Carol in the classroom, her eyes just went red. Her paranoia solidified with physical proof. And she knew she shouldn't believe it. It wasn't like you were kissing her in a non-platonic way. But jealousy is as jealousy does.

No one could really explain what Wanda felt but only her. It was a normal reaction when the one she loved had their feet being swayed by someone else. She had never felt this way before in her previous relationships, especially Jarvis, she couldn't care less how many girl friends he had when they were still dating.

But with you, she wanted to be selfish. She wanted you all to herself. Because you were different. And maybe that was what hurt Wanda when she saw you with someone else. Even when it was just a hug.

So anger filled her instantly. When angry,  Wanda tended to say things, things that she didn't even mean, things she said just to hurt you back. But she didn't mean to get this far. She didn't mean for the argument to turn heated and be heard by Jarvis.

Wands, I love you.

Wanda couldn't even say it back because she knew right then she had already lost you and her chance to be with you. She tried to push you away as she shook her head no.

"Wands, please-"

As she tried to find her voice, she hoarsely said. "-There are consequences, Y/n... We signed an agreement that it was real..."

"It is real, Wanda! What I feel towards you is real!"

Wanda believed you. And even when there was a small part of her that was scared of you leaving for someone younger, a larger part still existed to trust you. She wanted to. But what good was believing if things would change from now on. "Jarvis believes otherwise-"

"-Do you? Do you believe me?"

I believe you, Y/n. I love you too, even more.  I fuckin' believe you.

But of course, she didn't say that. She knew the consequences of loving her and of loving you. "Y/n... I could lose my job... You would not be able to graduate.."

And you turned silent, realizing what Wanda had said. You would understand why she was doing this. Of course, you would. "It's over, Y/n."

No. Please don't agree with me.

"Do you want this to be over?" Your voice was so small that she just wanted to forget the whole thing, grab your hand and run away together from everything else. But the two of you were still stuck in reality.

Please don't give up on me yet, Y/n. I will find a way. Please don't give up.

Wanda really wanted to say those things, but even herself wasn't sure you both could still get out of this mess. Giving you false hope would be much more cruel. Instead, she said, "Take care on your bus ride home, Y/n..."

Wanda couldn't even bear to look at you, because she knew she'd cave in, she'd give herself up, but she couldn't just ask you to do the same for her. Not when you were always the one agreeing to everything she asked of you.