Chapter 19

Why does it still hurt when it had been years since you broke her heart?

It seemed like it was only yesterday when Wanda lost you the first time. And she had no idea if she could handle the second one.

The moment she stepped back inside her room at the hotel, Wanda immediately broke down into a sobbing mess. Legs tangled on the cold floor as she took her shoes off, her tears staining the carpet underneath her.

She never knew it could still hurt this much. The adhesive that put the pieces of her heart back together suddenly became loose, as some chunks managed to fall down.

She deserved it. Wanda had only herself to blame. She had hurt you too much that you had built a sturdy bricked wall around your fragile heart you were still carefully putting back the pieces together. She should've seen the sign 'Warning: Construction Ongoing', knowing you couldn't just let her in that easily, not after what happened. She could even tell she was not in your guest list if she dared to enter.

A knock on the door made Wanda scramble to her feet. She didn't want to get her hopes up expecting it to be you. So when she saw Pietro on the other side, she wasn't disappointed.

"Hey, long time no see, my lovely sis," he greeted as he immediately wrapped his arms around his sister, who only buried her face into his chest as she continued to cry. Rubbing his sister's back, Pietro cooed her softly, "Let it all out... Just let it all out."

Wanda knew it was a twin thing but Pietro had been aware of how hooked she still was of you. Pietro didn't hate you for it like Natasha did. He understood why you stayed away from Wanda but what he didn't understand was how she couldn't move on from you.

After a few moments, her cryings had faltered. She sniffled as she pulled away from the hug, avoiding his eyes. "How did you know I was here?"

"I heard from Robbie," Pietro replied, squeezing both of her shoulders. "You know, you can always talk to me, right? Even when I know there's no changing your mind about Y/n."

The brunette only forced a small chuckle as she made her way towards her bed. "How are you? How are Mom and Dad?"

"They're good...," he answered. "You don't have to worry about them. They didn't know you're here though... Me, on the other hand, I met this girl from a club I went to one night and asked her on a date. It's actually going great, you know.."

"I'm so happy for you." Wanda truly was. At least, one of the twins got lucky in that department.

Pietro took a seat on a chair nearby as he carefully picked the right words to say. "You know there's always a time to start and there's also a time to stop, Wands..."

She knew where her brother was going at.

"It's not healthy anymore, sis," he said exasperatedly. "If she really loved you, still loved you, then she wouldn't have broken your heart twice like this."

"I know what I'm doing, Piet-"

"Do you, really?" He butted in. "Because it seems like you're just holding on to something that doesn't exist anymore... What if it was really a one time thing? That you and Y/n only met for a small role in your life? Can you not see that?"

Wanda licked her lips nervously. "I have... But it's not that easy, Piet-"

"Loving is never easy, Wands," Pietro replied, now kneeling before her as he took her hands between his. "But letting go is also a kind of love."

Tears streamed down Wanda's cheeks, caught by Pietro's thumbs as he cradled her face. "Hey, you're stronger than you think you are... and smarter than me, Wands... If you feel like it's not the right thing anymore, you can let go... Let her go. And set your heart free."