Chapter 49:Forever More

Josie turned around to see Ricky on one knee. She froze completely she couldn't think straight.

"Joselyn... I don't even know where to begin" he stated. Once he said her name she knew it was real, her heart was beating outside her chest.

"When I first met you, I knew you were everything I wanted to embody in a woman from your class, your drive, your warm personality, and your heart. But like the dumb guy I was, I didn't know what to do with a woman like you. We've been through a lot, and there are a lot of situations I'm not proud of you but one thing I am is you. One thing I'm for certain about is you" he said. Ricky was nervous shitless waiting outside but as soon as he saw Josie in that gown all of his worries went outside the door.

Josie exhaled lightly as a tear ran down her face.

"Believe it or not I learned a lot from you. I learned forgiveness, communication, and compassion.....You're like a breath of fresh air you're everything I ever wanted in a woman. You're the woman I want to spend the rest of my life with. You're the woman I want our offspring to aspire to be. I've been in the game too long chasing temporary feelings and nothing compares to how I feel when I'm with you. Baby, I want to do it right this time, not out of settling and ego but from my soul. Josie, I love you and I want us to spend eternity together. You mean the world to me...I can't promise you that every day we won't have challenges but I know when I'm with you I'm alright. Josie I'll die for you and if god forbid we can't see this relationship through I'll promise you I'll be the one leaving with a broken heart this time. I love you....Joselyn Amel Wilson, will you marry me? He asked. Josie stood there lost for words.

She thought if Ricky ever proposed to her it wouldn't be meaningful because they faked a marriage but it wasn't she was definitely in shock. "Please say something," Ricky said starting to get worried. His eyes started to tear up if she didn't say yes he would be heartbroken.

"Yes," she nodded. "For real? He asked. She nodded her head. "Yes, I'll marry you" she smiled. He lightly caressed her hand. Josie's mouth dropped at the ring it was a beautiful diamond ring with a hint of pink. "Whew you almost scared me, girl," he said gliding it on her ring finger. She cupped his face with a kiss. The both of them fell to the floor. His hands slid down her waist. "Mmm," he moaned flipping her over. She laughed as he playfully kissed her neck. He pecked little kisses all over her forehead and face. "I love you so much," she said.

"I love you more," he said as they continued to passionately kiss. The intimacy intensified to the next level now that they're engaged. "Come on," he said. Josie followed him to the door as he unlocked it. The both of them walked outside, Josie smiled seeing a couple of her friends and family with cheering them on. Ricky's family was there, of course, it was a drive-by engagement celebration which was so convenient

"She said yes" Ricky screamed

"I knew it, I told your ass she would say yes. Josie welcome to the family again" Dreux said

All of them laughed "Congratulations boo" Mia waved. "Thank you" she smiled. Morgan, Jace, and Kyle ran over to Josie drowning her in love. "Congrats sissy" Morgan hugged her. "Thank you baby" she smiled holding her. Ricky continued dapping up his brothers. Yasmin was even there alongside her boyfriend she walked over towards them. "Congratulations Fam" Yasmin said handing them a gift. "Thank you so much" Josie smiled holding the box. "Thank you for everything, Jo I worked Yasmin like a slave to make sure everything was under control" Ricky explained. Josie playfully pushed him "Had me questioning everything I'm gonna hurt you" she said relieved. Josie finally put two and two together Yasmin was helping him prepare for the proposal and that's why he was so damn short with her at Cortez's party.