Chapter 8: Let me Know

"How are you getting your hair done for the first day of school? I asked Morgan while fixing her sloppy ponytail. "Can I get purple and pink long twist? She asked. I looked at her like she was crazy "How about one color? I laughed. "Jo, make sure you slick my edges down," she said. I rolled my eyes "You and these edges" I said swirling them. "Okay I'll get purple but pastel at the ends," she said. "Okay sounds like a plan" I smiled. I looked at the time I had to get her to camp, take my yoga class that I feel like has stopped working suddenly; lately, I've been feeling a little tight in my chest, but only if I start to stress a lot. I was biting off more than I could chew and I may have to decline that offer with Maya just at this moment. I then had a meeting with my creative team I finally put together. I think I was now going for a more settled look. I wanted the venue to have that option, at first I thought I wanted bright LED lighting with my brand new plastered in bold letters but I'm looking for something more traditional and finally I had to look for the perfect venue to book. Thank God I have sponsors because I'd be completely broke trying to fund this all alone. JP Morgan, Juvia's Place and Macy's were a gift from GOD.

Hours Later

I walked around the venue with Janelle one of the women on my team

I walked around the venue with Janelle one of the women on my team. The both of us weren't feeling this venue at all. We were trying to stay in our budget but this was cutting it and for how it looked inside was a tragedy. "Ehh it's more of a bohemian/greek theme not really for a bride display," she said. "Yeah no," I said. My phone began to ring I quickly answered it. "Hey, Nicole wassup," I said. "We got some sales" she smiled. I smiled "Really? I asked. A lot of women come in and out maybe 5 out 10 women will actually purchase a dress but after fashion week I know I was going to get the recognition my company deserves. "6 women came in today and I kid you not they all found a dress they liked," she said excitedly my mouth dropped. "Wow," I said. It's month 4 and I'm finally getting somewhere this will always humble me.

"April is doing the measurements," she said. "Oh my god, I'm so happy I can't wait to see them," I said. April was the assistant manager I hired. I used to work with her at David's Bridal. She quit and I offered to pay her more if she worked for me she said yes and she's been holding it down on my days like this. "You done looking at this? She asked. 'Yeah I just got a reminder for this open house, it's in 30 minutes we need to go" I said. We waited for our uber outside, I just couldn't drive in this traffic today. I needed a break and I need to use my uber gift card my dad got me for a part of my gift. New York is still a big adjustment for him and he hates that I drive here so he got me the gift card. He put at least 200 on that thing and I haven't used it until now. Janelle had a family emergency 2 seconds before us pulling off she was determined to go with me but I made her go home to her family. I got out the car thanking the driver closing the door behind me. I walked inside in the venue stunned it was beautiful it was huge it looked like a restaurant/club how many levels were there? I walked inside to see someone waiting to assist me "Hi, how may I help you? She asked.

"Hi, um I have an open house 12:30," I said. "Okay, I'll call her and tell her that your down," she said. "Thank you" I turned around looking at the walls. Whoever owned this had some money. "Hi, Joselyn"