Chapter 7: Bittersweet

Josie

I was a stressed mess. New York Fashion Week is weeks away. I was showcasing my brand and I was so excited about this. It was a dream come true. I was at a studio for a photo-shoot session I booked for my models. I needed new pictures for the companies Instagram and I also wanted a simple promo video until I decided how I wanted to do a nice visual. I was on the verge of hiring two more people. I needed a creative/ visual team that could help me best promote this collection. I want bomb visuals, and I want a bomb ad to go on channel 8. I stood behind the photographer's monitor looking at the pictures as he shot them.

"Nice" I smiled. I sent Maya a text to thank her for sending me her best models. One of her models Khloe was killing it.

Me: Thank you so much for the models. Khloe is killing it; she's going to be regularly booked from now on. 😩

Maya: You're welcome girlie. I'm glad you like them. I can't wait for you to show me the pics and yes I trained Khloe since she was a teenager she definitely has it. She's popular

Me: I can see!

Maya: Sooo why didn't you come to my party sis?

I rolled my eyes I knew that was coming. I just wanted to relax a bitch is super busy these days.

Me: I had a lot going on Saturday. Did you get your gift?

Maya: I loved the purse .. so me Lmaoo but don't switch the topic you ain't slick

Me: Lol girl what you talking bout

Maya: Imma fight you, you really ain't show up cuz of my snotty nose brother. Imma fuck him up

Me: Girl no, I really had shit going on and He and I are good please don't do that lol

Maya: I won't lol ..but just know that I know you Jo 😂 but it's cool. I'll drag you myself to the next event

Me: I'm sure you will party girl lmao

Maya: I was honestly thinking about starting a stiletto line. Would you like to partner on it?

I was always down to have many sources of income that's one thing I learned from being around Ricky.

Me: Brainstorm in session

My phone began ringing to see that it was Morgan. I stepped outside answering the phone. "Hey Morg.. wassup," I said

"Uhh hey... did you forget to get us? She asked. I scrunched my face "Huh? I asked. "Josie it's 4:25 and dad is at his appointment," she said. My mouth dropped to the floor looking at the time. I definitely lost track of time. "Morgan I am so sorry... I'm on my way" I panicked. "Oka-

"Is Jace with you? I asked. "Yes, we're still inside," she said. "Okay, okay I'm on my way," I said. Shit! I walked back inside to see my photographer actually wrapping things up. "Hey you're back," he said.

"Yes, I have to go immediately, I have an emergency," I said. "No problem, it was nice working with you" he shook my hand. "Likewise, thank you," I said. "Ladies thank you so much for making this happen for me. I have to go now but your earnings will be on the way" I said. They nodded their head before talking to each other before walking off. I grabbed my keys and purse "I'll email you the pics and send you a flash drive" he said. "Okay thank you" I smiled running down the steps. I pressed the unlock button running to the car. I was 30 minutes away plus this traffic. Morgan was going to be pissed. I used to hate waiting around from my parents to pick me up after 12 hours at camp. These were the days I wished I was married and I had a man to help me with things like this. I was really considering a baby sitter for the days that my father was sick. I haven't heard from Ricky in a while. Morgan asked about him and he went ghost again. I didn't expect him to be around but I did tell Morgan to not have high hopes he still has his own life and now a baby brother.