Chapter 59: Wants and Needs

*I'll make edits later*

Josie sat in the hospital with Morgan and Jace. Her father was back in the hospital due to complications, her father has been on remission for a while, but she already knows the cancer has came back. "How are you holding up pop? Josie asked.

"Your old man is fine, just need some food in my system" he said.

"After we run some tests you'll definitely be able to eat something" his nurse said. Josie looked over at Morgan. "You okay? She asked. Morgan nodded "Yeah, I'm fine" she said. "So what's the plan? Josie asked.

"A doctor should be in here after we get some labs and testing done .. okay" she said. Josie sighed "Okay" she said watching her leave. "Don't start worrying, I'm going to be fine like I always am" he ensured her. Josie looked at her text message that's been on delivered for almost two hours from Ricky. "This man needs to answer the phone" she said under her breath.

Ricky

Ricky was at the loft having lunch with Kamaya that decided to randomly visit him. "It's nice to see you here, you don't fuck with your big brother like that huh? He asked. Kamaya rolled her eyes "That's far from the truth.. I don't know I just feel like I was under ya'll alot when I was with Rudy.. bored I guess. Now I have a life" she said. Ricky looked at his phone, realizing he didn't text Josie back.

"Sorry baby I was meeting, then Kamaya popped up on me. Everything okay?

He put his phone back in his pocket "I'm happy for you" he said.

"Thanks bro" she looked around. "It's nice in here.. haven't been here since Cortez's birthday.. lots of changes" she said.

"Yeah, we try and you know since its fashion week, we gotta stay ready" he said. Kamaya nodded her head while tearing up her house salad. "You fuckin that shit up, you eating for two? He asked. Kamaya laughed "Uhhhh no" she said. "So why are you really here? You don't really pop up on nobody" Ricky said

"Damn Ricky Im just saying hi, I flew to Newyork to help my homeboy cast for his fashion show. I did some shopping now I'm here" she explained

"Okay bet, I believe you" he said. He grabbed his phone looking at his message.

Mrs.Santana ♥️: My dad is in the hospital just so you know.

"Hold on Maya" he said getting up. He called Josie waiting for her to pick up.

"Hey baby"

"Hey, what's going on with your dad? Ricky asked

"He was coughing really bad the other day just looking pale and week so his girlfriend brought him to the hospital. It's too early to tell but it sounds like his cancer probably is back" Josie sighed.

"Damn... I'm sorry bae.. you need me to come? He asked.

"No, I'm fine gonna get him comfortable drop off Jace to his father and then we'll be home" she said

"Okay well let me know if anything changes"

"Love you"

"Love you too"

The both of them hung up. Ricky sat back down debating if he should just drop everything and check on his wife. "Josie's father is in the hospital again" he said

"Oh nooo is she okay? She asked

"She said she's fine but I know she's stressing so.. I'll probably check on her shortly" he said

"Aww Im so proud of you bro, you've really came a long way" she smiled.

"Preciate that" he said.

"Yeah" she said getting quiet again. Ricky was waiting for Kamaya to vent to him. She thinks she can hide what's on her mind. "What's wrong Maya? And I'm not asking again" he said