Chapter 27: Sure Thing

4 years ago.....

Josie

It was going on 1 am and Jace was up hungry. I had a night owl as a child and I never get any sleep. "I know baby, mommy is going to have your bottle in a few minutes," I said sitting him in his chair. I was up making some bottles so his housekeeper wouldn't have to worry about that. I wanted to make her job easy for tomorrow. I poured a bottle of water in his bottle then added the formula. I yawned shaking the bottle. Jace started crying uncontrollably. "Okay okay," I said placing it in his mouth. I looked at the time and I had to get Morgan up. She needed to take her medicine then go upstairs. I didn't know what time he was coming in and I just didn't want it to be an awkward encounter. "Morgan" I called.

"Hmm" she groaned. "Come on, its time to go upstairs," I said. "It's comfortable down here" she whined.

"Go upstairs and I'll be up there in a second" I said. She slowly got up taking the blankets with her.

Ricky

I unlocked the door being greeted by lights and a crying baby. I swear I didn't think this through. I had to ask Josie some questions but I was going to clean up first... I didn't want her to suspense anything and be all up in my business. I locked the door behind me seeing Morgan make her way towards to stairs.

"Hi Mr. Ricky," she said with her arms crossed.

"H-hey" I said walking behind her. I kind of wanted her to put a pep in her step but she wasn't in the talking mood tonight which was great. No one would suspect a thing. I walked in my room locking the door. After I showered, I placed on some basketball shorts and a tank. Josie was still downstairs, usually I would've stayed upstairs because I don't want us bonding or anything. I just needed to make sure she isn't crooked.

"Wassup," I said walking into the kitchen examining her. She wore a long silk pajama set with a scarf on. She turned around with Jace in her hand. "Hey," she said.

"So, who are you? I asked. "Huh? She asked confused.

"What's your story? I asked. "Ah, that'll take all day," she said feeding her son I sat back crossing my arms.

"So what type are you? I asked fumbling my hands. She side eyed me confused.

Josie

I gave him a blank expression, not really knowing where all of this was coming from.

"What are you like one of those lost 20-year-olds, possibly daddy issues...maybe left her mom's crib because she got tired of rules, branched off ...got knocked up? He asked. I scrunched up my face. Offended wasn't the word, I bite the side of my tongue figuring out the nicest way to tell him to go fuck himself. And who the fuck was he exactly? A self-absorbed, cocky, spoiled, egotistical asshole with daddy issues? Now if I say that, I could get fired.

"Wow," I mouthed.

"Look, I just need to know who I got in my house," He said.

"Well don't you think that's a little too late? I questioned.

"Just answer the damn question, before I lose my patience," he said.

"Well, if you think being raised in a two parent home then after your senior year of high school being forced into a cult and running away to save you and your 3-year-old sister from losing our minds, then becoming her guardian at 18... then years later getting knocked up by your boyfriend fits your description then so be it" I scoffed walking away.

Present Time

Ricky waited in his truck for Dustin to leave his home for work. Josie pissed Ricky off so bad the other day to the point that he wanted to slap her into next week. He had to leave to blow off some steam. He realized that she has him, all the times he's been telling her she's wrapped around his fingers its the exact opposite. Josie can say the simplest thing to drive him crazy. He couldn't believe Dustin was a perverted animal. He knew of him from a few industry parties but never serious. The fact that he put his hands on her is fucking his head up. "What's up with these niggas man" Dreux said. "Niggas are fucking weird, the next nigga that wanna violate mine is dying" he said cracking his knuckles.