Chapter 28: Troubled Waters

We arrived in front of Maya's home the flight had me exhausted since I didn't get any sleep the other night. Morgan and Jace were knocked out. Ricky insisted we fly together and back. I yawned in desperate need of sleep. "Wake up children," Josie said. Kyle woke up first getting out of the car along with Ricky. "Morgan" I called. "Hmm," she said

"Man, she acts like she works a double don't she" he laughed closing the trunk. "Tell me about it" Josie laughed getting out of the car. "Nah uh," she said. They walked to the front door waiting. "You ready? He asked me. "Yeah unless they're surprises, I don't want that," she said. Kasey opened the door.

"Wassup fam," he said hugging Josie. "Hey, happy thanksgiving" she smiled hugging him back. "Sup bro," Kasey said dapping him up. "Kyle Scottie, which name you want to be called today? Kasey asked him. "Scottie" he ran off. Ricky shook his head. "Sup lil man" he dapped up Jace. "Sup" he said back leaving us "And Morgan best for last" he said. Morgan smiled "You know it" she smiled hugging him.

"Happy Thanksgiving" Josie smiled seeing Maya up early placing the turkey in the oven. "Happy Thanksgi-heyyy" she said happy to see us. She hugged us "You need any help? I asked.

"No, I'm fine everything else is done just needs to be warmed up later" she said. "I see you" I said. "Mia and I were slaving last night" she yawned. "Well I know it's going to be good" I said. "Appreciate it.... well make yourself comfortable the rooms are upstairs. I catered breakfast around 11 and dinner is at 5" she yawned taking a sip of her coffee. I looked at her concerned looks like she worked herself to death. "You sure you don't need help? I yawed. "Girl you worried about me, I want you to get some sleep" she chuckled. "I heard what happened, are you okay? she whispered holding my arms. "I'm fine, its okay, I'm okay now" I said. She nodded her head yawning again. "Maya get some sleep" she laughed. They both laughed at how tired they both truly were. "I'm gonna try" she said. "I'll see you later" I said. "Okay" she smiled. I turned around and everyone left me. I knew where Morgan was I just had to find my room. I walked up the steps looking to my right to see Ricky on the phone. "My stuff" I mouthed. He pointed to the right. I walked in the bedroom next to his with my bag on the bed. I closed the door immediately taking off my clothes. I couldn't wait to hit the sheets. We were only staying for the night and heading back to New York in the morning for Black Friday. She pulled back the sheets getting in. "Yes lord" she smiled in the king-size bed.

Kamaya

Kamaya was stressed refreshing her statusnow app on her phone. A few weeks ago, she got  testing done for a psychiatric evaluation she wanted to make sure her mental health was up to par, ever since the doctor told her results would be dropped on the 26th she hasn't been sleeping. She's been up wondering if she's bipolar or schizophrenic. She didn't even tell a soul about the test. Every few seconds she feels like she's having a panic attack. "Come on" she sighed looking at her phone. She saw Kasey in her peripheral vision. She closed her phone looking up at him. He had a look of curiosity/ confusion on his face. He didn't even say anything "Morning" she said

"Why haven't you been sleeping? You been treating this thanksgiving dinner like it's the Olympics come to bed" he said. Maya couldn't help but chuckle. "Babe, you know how I get about dinners" she said. "Yeah, but you haven't been sleeping for weeks, wassup with you? You know I know when something is up with you woman" he said. "I'm okay honey it's just sometimes this medicine gives me insomnia" she lied. "Mmhm come on" he grabbed her hand. "Baby I'm up, how you gonna force me to go to sleep" she chuckled as he pulled her. "Because I said so you're getting some rest and that's final" he said. "I'm not sleepy" she laughed. He forced her in bed pulling the sheets over her. "You just can't go back to sleep that's all that is" she said. "Nah you just smell like warm vanilla I miss inhaling in my sleep" he said running his hands through her hair. They both laughed "Corny" she said. "Mmm I love your massages" she said. It actually made her fall asleep faster. "I know you do "he said.