Chapter 56: Out$ide Pt 2.

Victoria saw Cortez coming from off the elevator to his car she wanted to hide under a rock.

"Wassup" he dapped him up. "Where ya'll headed? Cortez asked him. "Where on our way to the hospital," he said. "Josie you good? Cortez asked. "No," she answered. Ricky eyed Cortez to open the back door for Victoria to get out. "You know what you doing" he mumbled

"Ya'll are being childish as hell" he whispered. Victoria sat in the back with her hands crossed she was willing to stay in the car until they left the hospital. She sighed looking at Josie suffering from paranoia that she finally opened the door to get out. She wouldn't dare say a thing to Cortez. She slammed the door walking past him. Cortez looked down at that black dress hugging her body. "Bye Victoria" Ricky laughed. Cortez gave Ricky the middle finger before getting on the elevator. Victoria pressed the elevator button waiting for it to open. Cortez quickly caught up to her. She could feel the tension behind her. Cortez looked at her standing there like a statue, he noticed the button wasn't lit up. He sighed pressing the button firmly in front of her. The elevator opened, and both of them walked in. Cortez's phone began to vibrate and he quickly answered it.

"Wassup"

"Right now? Cortez asked rubbing his neck. Victoria was curious wondering what he had going on. "Fuck... give me like an hour," he said. An hour? Where is this man going now? And I hope he ain't worried about me cuz I'm fine" Victoria said to herself.

Victoria

Victoria sat on the sofa quiet as a mouse although she had a few things to say it was best to stay on mute. She was already intoxicated adding vulnerability to that she refused. Cortez on the other hand tended back to what he was doing eating his food and scrolling on his phone. Victoria felt like he was being petty she admits him being mad at her didn't feel good on her end. She was always mad at him and couldn't handle him being mad at her on top of that she was uncomfortably high and paranoid from the reading earlier. She knew that message was directed at her and she felt like shit she just wanted to cry alone but she couldn't. Her heart was beating really fast and she was trying to talk herself out of it. Neither of them said anything for the past 20 minutes. Victoria quickly texted her brother to see if he could pick her up.

"You straight over there? Cortez asked Victoria. She touched her chest nodding her head. Cortez felt like something was wrong even though he couldn't stand her at the moment he wasn't going to get a good night's rest until he knew that she was okay. He walked over towards her trying to take her glasses off but she moved his hand. "I'm fine," she said repositioning herself.

"How many edibles did you eat? He asked

"A big brownie" she answered

"...That's some green shit right there," he said. She didn't say anything she just looked away.

"I thought it was a regular brownie...okayy" she said focusing on her breath

"What's wrong with you? He asked

"Damn Tez maybe I'm just uncomfortably high right now.... not like you care anyways," she said.

"Now I don't care" he sucked his teeth

"Isn't that what I just said? She scoffed crossing her arms.

"Oh ...you wanted me to pull up to the party like a madman looking for you huh? He asked. She sucked her teeth "That's not what I wanted but okay-

"That's exactly what you wanted," he said

"Maybe that's what you really wanted to do" she scoffed

"That's what you really wanted... yet here we are," he said