Chapter 13: Recall

Ricky walked back towards the building feeling satisfied that he was about to catch up with Josie. He quickly searched the hours for one of the restaurants he wanted to take her to. It was a little late but there were a few spots that stayed open until 3 am. He walked back to the front of the venue to see a brawl. He ran up to see Kasey, Cortez, and Dreux arguing with some guys. "Yo, the fuck is going on"? Ricky yelled. "Wassup nigga" Kasey pulled up his pants. Yasmine ran outside along with the security guards trying to break it up. "Y'all already know what the fuck is going on ...this our city"

"Nigga, you met your worst fucking enemy. I promise you that" Dreux laughed being held back. Ricky was furious so furious that he was calm. He turned towards Yasmine "Go back inside Yas" he told her. She rolled her eyes going inside.

"This is our territory"

"That's how y'all wanna get down?? Cortez asked him. The security guard split them up. "Yeah, this the snow patrol," he said putting up a gang sign.

Rudy came out confused "Fuck is going on," he said. "These little niggas from inside the club gon bump into me like I was a bitch or something and I wasn't having that" Kasey said. "One thing led to another" Dreux said. They walked back into the club Ricky glanced at Renzo taking care of his business along with Jaxon. He didn't feel like them asking him what was going on. They went to the basement of the club shutting the door. "Those niggas are out of line" Ricky yelled.

"We really gotta come out retirement? Kasey asked. Ricky looked at the time it was one of those situations they couldn't let linger around. "Nah, this situation is small it, no need for all of us to be involved, it's pissing me off. I thought I handled the shit" Cortez said

"I'll handle it," Dreux said. Ricky sucked his teeth "Fuck no, you got family and a baby on the way" Ricky said. "Possibly but shit you always handle the shit. I'm your big brother. I ain't never scared to pull up when needed and you know that" Dreux said. Ricky started thinking hard this shit was personal to him. Zero came into his establishment trying to intimidate him and it was killing him. Ricky has been letting the little shit slide but this has been going on too long so now he needs to know who Zero works for. "This shit is personal for me" Ricky clinched his jaw. What's next for him to pull up while he's with Kyle? He couldn't take any chances of him being set up. He had to get to the bottom of this.

Josie

I plopped on the bed looking at the ceiling fighting my sleep. Its been about 20 minutes since I've been in my house. It's going on 12. I stared at my phone waiting for him to text me that he was outside until then I'll just call Erica and tell her about my night. I called her hoping she would answer to distract me from my nerves.

"Hey boo" she answered

"Hey" I smiled. "How'd tonight go? She asked. "It went well, started off a little rocky I wasn't on the list and he had some asshole Security guard" I rolled my eyes

"He has dreads? She asked. "Yes," I said

"Girl that's Tre, poor thing can't make the police academy, of course, he takes this job seriously," she said. "I laughed "Wow no wonder," I said kicking my shoes off. "So what really happened cuz you sound happier," she said. "Girl don't do that but he was there with another woman-

"Of course ..you ain't never gon not see Ricky with a bitch" she laughed. Josie laughed along with her. "Right at first I thought he was trying to make me jealous cus he did invite me first. We had a little miscommunication, I left and he followed me outside and we had some words. Well I had words for him, I thought I was giving him my all with the attitude but he wasn't phased at all" I explained