Chapter 17

Rachel's pov
Leon laughed.he saw I wasn't laughing,"oh,you're serious aren't you?"he asked.i nodded,he sighed."I'll take you to New Orleans,but that's it.After that,you're walking."he said,I nodded.Leon first drove me to the house,Brian's stuff was gone but my stuff was still here.i grabbed the backpack he bought me and put all the stuff he got me in the backpack,I tied Jesse's hat on my head.i filled up my thermostat with water and put it on the side of my back,I made my little purse into a necklace and put it on,I did hide it under my shirt so no one could see it and see it."There's one thing I don't get."Leon said as I got back in the car,"what?"I asked."Why do you still defend him?"he asked,I looked down.

"Brian is family,you support family no matter what."i said,he didn't say anything.he then handed me a map,"I'm dropping you off in New Orleans,after that you gotta walk straight."he instructed.he handed me some more money,"if you get tired of walking you can buy a ticket for the bus."he said,I put the money he gave me in my little purse."Rachel?"he said,"yeah?"i said.we stared at each other for a while,"I wish you luck."he said.i smiled,"thanks Leon."i said.he chuckled and began to drive,this was going to be a long journey.