Chapter 8

Rachel's pov
after Jesse said grace everyone began to serve themselves,Brian served me first though before serving himself."We couldn't find any juice for you Rach so we just got you root beer,I hope that's ok."Letty said as she handed me the open root beer,I looked at it."Is it alcoholic?"I asked,"no Rachel,it's actually pretty good."Brian said.i slowly took a sip of it,"Hey!this is really good!"i said."It's like that pie me and Jesse had!"I added,"you bought pie without me?"Leon asked Jesse."Hey come on,you weren't even around.plus Rachel here's never had pie before,isn't that right Rachel?"Jesse said,"you've never had pie before?"Mia asked.i sadly nodded,"I've also never learned how to swim plus I'm not so good at lifting stuff up anymore."i said.i pointed at my burnt arm,"I noticed you freaked out a bit when you saw the grill,is that how your arm got burnt?"Dom asked.i sighed,"well that's not the full story..."I said.

Rachel Ann Marie,that's my full name.mommy used to call me her ball of sunshine,I can't remember what she looks like.daddy got rid of anything that reminded him of mommy,she got sick and died when I was 4.daddy got very sad and blamed it all on me,he started to drink,a lot.he would always yell at me and call me names:brat,mistake,that's what he called me the most.he burnt my right arm when I was 6,I can still remember my screams."DADDY NO PLEASE!"I begged as he dragged me to the backyard,"this is your punishment!"he said,slurring his words.i saw the grill was on,I widened my eyes."DADDY PLEASE!LET ME GO!"I begged him,he slammed my arm on the grill.I screamed in pain as my arm was burnt,I couldn't feel my arm for a whole hour.

I slowly started to be able to move my fingers,that was the last straw.i managed to pack up anything I had in a blanket,I grabbed the tent daddy kept.i then crawled out the window and began to run,carrying everything I took with me.i managed to find a place to put all my stuff,I was so close to relaxing after that...and then my stomach growled."pickle juice,I didn't pack any food.I'll need to find a job that'll give me money to bury some food!"i said to myself,I sniffed my hair."bleh!i need to shower."i said,I sighed.i mentally remembered where my tent was as I walked around,I then saw the public pool."Hey,they have showers!"i said,I sneaked inside and managed to take a quick shower with my clothes on.

After I showered I managed to sneak out,it was now daytime."I need a job,I'm still hungry."i said,I winced in pain because of my arm."I'll need money for burn cream as well."i said as I walked around,I sighed and stopped walking.i decided to rest by a shop,"who am I kidding?i'm 6!nobody would ever hire a six year old!"i said.i began to cry,"are you ok?"I heard a lady say,I looked at her and sniff."no,I'm not ok.I can't find a job,and if I can't find a job I can't get food."I explained to her,"well,you could work here."she suggested.i stood up,"really?"i asked her."Yeah,what's your name?"she asked,"my mommy called me Rachel Ann Marie,But you can just call me Rachel."I introduced myself.

The lady smiled,"well it's nice to meet you Rachel,I'm Mia Toretto."she said,we shook hands."come inside,I'll talk to my brother for you."she said,she led me inside the shop.i sat at the counter,Mia walked inside a office.i saw a bald guy,I assume that's her brother.i looked around the shop,I saw that the floor looked dirty.i looked around and found a mop,I grabbed it and began to mop the floor."Rachel what are you doing?"Mia asked,her brother was behind her."Oh!i uh,I'm sorry!"I immediately dropped the mop,"it's just that the floor looked so dirty and I-"Mia's brother cut me off."it's fine,in fact:you're hired."he said,I gasped and smiled."thank you sir!"i said,"you can call me Dom."he said.