Chapter 23

Rachel's pov
Brian promised he'd never leave me out of his site ever again,even if it met that would get to be in my VERY FIRST STREET RACE!Tej,the owner of Tej's garage,promised he'd watch Jesse while Brian and I entered the race.i buckled my seatbelt as Brian lined up his car with the other cars,I was very nervous but kept my cool.the race was getting intense,and I was unable to keep my cool.i then noticed something as I saw the bridge ahead,it was opening."AH!"I screamed,I turned around and looked at the tanks in the car."Rachel what are you-"I turned some of the tanks,making us go faster."WOOO!"we both cheered as we soared into the air,we landed back down on the road and continued to drive.

We then won the race,as we got out the car Jesse barked and ran towards me."we won!"I cheered as Jesse licked me,Brian lifted me up."we won!"we both said,everyone around us cheered."good job you two."Tej congratulated us,"thanks Tej."Brian said.he gently put me down,"you did good for your first race kid."Tej said to me.i then got nervous,this isn't my first street race technically."Yep!it was so much fun!"I lied,Tej chuckled and messed my hair up a bit.i exhaled as he walked away,Jesse licked my burnt hand."You ok Rach?"Brian asked me,"Yep,I'm fine.i'm just a bit tired is all,can we go home?"I asked him.

Just as he was about to give me an answer we heard sirens,I widened my eyes."SCATTER!"i instinctively yelled,everyone quickly got in their cars.Brian lifted me up and carried me to the car,Jesse ran after us.we got in the car,Jesse sat on my lap.Brian began to drive,"Look out!"I yelled as we saw a police car heading towards us,"Shit!"he yelled as he swerved.we were now being chased by a cop,"He's behind us!"i said.Brian drove faster as I held Jesse in my arms,I was so scared.then the side of the car got shot by something,"what the what was that?"I asked.the car began to glitch,the breaks weren't working."shit!"Brian yelled,we then hit a parking meter.