XI - A floating head

"Where did that brat touch you?"

"He kissed me." I answer, pointing at my lips.

His large palm presses against my back, deepening our proximity to the point our breathes become one. I lift my gaze up to meet his but he refuses to, staring down at what I guess to be my lips.

My surmise is soon proved right when the subtle distance between our lips vanishes into nothing and in a gentle slow pace his lips interlock with mine. His fingers dug into my nape, hailing me deeper into the kiss as he replaces the feeling of disgust I earlier felt with the blissful satisfaction. My hands rests around his neck, fingers pressing on his exposed skin.

Instead of breaking the contact all at sudden, he slowly parts his lips from mine, relishing the subtle contact and mingling breathes before drawing back with a whisper, "I've replaced the touch of his lips with mine. Does it feel better now?" His voice comes out husky. I feel myself instantly nod, fighting the deep red coating my cheeks.

"Go, shower and rest. I'll cook something for you." He pecks my right cheek, dismissing me which only seem to darken the red hues on my face. Even though he has kissed me on my lips several times, cheeks peck always leave tingles behind.

After showering up, I check up my phone only to find texts (more like spam) and missed calls from Kyungmi. Since my world turned upside down, I haven't been using my phone that much lately.

As I send her a 'I'm alive' in reference to her last message 'did you die or something?' My phone immediately buzzs up with a call. No one other than her. Sliding the green button, I prepare myself for the curses about to follow.

"A lot happened!" I try to reason out once she's done spurting out a string of profanities laced with her concern for me.

"Then you better fcking tell me everything. In. Detail." She emphasises on the last words.

I'm in the middle of my storytelling of how her fantasies about me sleeping with my oh so hot (in her words, of course) stepdad molded into reality when the door swings open. The first thing I catch sight of is the foodtray clutched in a pair of hands, my mouth immediately watering at the diffusing aroma. As I look up at the person, I freeze in my spot.

Jungkook. Why is he here?

With a rushed 'i'll call you back later' I quickly hang up the call, cutting off kyungmi in the middle.

He is quick to notice the terrified expression plastered all over my face. Our eyes meet for a spilt second before we both quickly break the contact. As he steps closer to the bed, a shudder travels down my spine. He places the foodtray on the nightstand and I heave a sigh of relief.

The events from earlier render me bit traumatised to start a coversation him. Nor does he speaks any a word. He's quick to pivot on his heels and head for the door once he's done delivering the food.

Leaning against the headboard with my feets tucked beneath me in a squatting position, I reach out for the foodtray, thinking he has left but soon I am proved wrong.

"Ariana..." A voice calls out for me and I find him standing between the wall and ajar door.

"I came here to say sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. Hyung must have told you about everything. He was cheated on before and I didn't want it to repeat. Please forgive me. I'll do anything to make up it you. I'm really sorry." He raps out all in a single breathe and inhales a deep sign looking at me for answers.

When I don't reply for couple of minutes (for I'm processing his rap), tentatively, he asks, "Do you forgive me?"

"Umm yea." I press my lips into thin a line, passing him a small smile.