XXVII - Bestfriend

"What's up with this poker face?" Dex places a coffee cup in front of me which I really needed right now.

"Where were you?" I haven't see him after philosophy lesson which ended an hour ago.

"With seniors." He pulls out a chair for himself and plops his weight down "They invited us for party and we are going." He sings the end part.

"No we are not." They all are bunch of playboys and I have no plan to socialise with any of them. However I feel bad to trample over his excitement when the corner of his lips turns in a downward curve. Sternly I add, "We have a test tomorrow and the marks add up in final grades."

"I don't care. Let's have some fun." He beams, his cheeky grin reappearing as he teeths on the green straw.

"But I do."

"Oh come on Ari. You can copy from Agust. I'm sure he won't mind." He refers to my benchmate. That boy is an ace whether studies or sports. Morever he also captain of the basketball team.

"Will he?" I ask more like to myself.

"No he won't." He quickly replies, tidying up my stuff and stuffing it into my bag "Come on we don't have much time." With that he drags me away without even letting me thinking twice.

"Are you trying to impress someone there?" Dex watches me swirl around in the black puff dress.

"Uh no." This is to tease someone. Someone I haven't seen since last week. All credits to his continuous trips.

"Then you better change this. I don't want your scary buff boyfriend to come beat the shit out of everyone who makes the mistake to check you out."

I scan my reflection from head to toe and find notthing unpleasant with the dress. Spreading right below my chest, it ends reaching my thighs. Namjoon himself bought it for me. He perfectly knows what suits me and what doesn't.

"Joon is on a trip and he is not scary!" He's a complete softie, except at nights though. Not that I'd complain. A blush creeps up my cheeks. If he were here, we'd be doing each other and not makeup.

"He is! You just haven't seen the way he looks at me. He intimidates me." A chortle escapes my lips as I dab compact over my face. He met Namjoon a couple of times and let's say his well sculpted body and strong muscles did terrorise him a bit.

"How do I look?" I flip my hairs, flaunting the curls at the ends.

"Gorgeous enough to have every single male in the party dead by tonight." He answers sarcastically.

"Joon is not going to kill anyone." I deny sharply.

"If it's you, I'm not sure."

I chuckle and grab my phone to check if I've any messages from him and there are two.

"He's coming back tonight." I pipe out, exhilarated and excited.

"Lord have mercy." He dramatically presses his cross pendant on his forehead, turnwise on either sides of his chest and then on his lips.

I capture my reflection in a snap and send it to him. Instantly my phone echoes with ding as messages flood on the notification bar.

[You aren't going anywhere dressed like that]
[Are you?]
[Wait for me]
[I'll be there soon]
[Baby...]

After reading all the messages from the notification bar, I turn off the phone.

"Let's go." I grab my clutch and turn towards him.

"Are you sure you still want to go? Your boyfriend is coming and... I-I don't think it's a good idea." He mutters, hesitant.

"Come on Dex." I roll my eyes, dragging him along.

"I am so dead meat." He mumbles and I laugh it off.

Before Namjoon returns, I can have some fun. Plus he needs to have the taste of his own medicine.

"Don't leave me okay?" I cling to his arm, amidst the sea of unfamiliar faces. I know only a few of them which consists of some seniors and basketball team Dex is a part of.

"Hmm don't worry." He reassures patting my hand which is wrapped around his bicep.

"Look Agust is here too."

The basketball captain stands by the bar with Clay, one of his close friends.

"What's he doing here? He needs to study for test." I panic, about to sprint for the door. If he's here I need to prepare for tomorrow's misery.

"Even if he doesn't, he'll score max." He says, as a matter-of-factly.

"Yea right." I reply dryly. He's an ace for a reason.

"Hmm. Now let's have some fun before your boyfriend murders me." He chuckles leading me to the drinks sections.

_

"Is that Ariana?" Clay shouts over the loud music, mouth hanging open at the sight of mentioned girl.

"You are drooling." Agust puts a finger under his chin to close his mouth.

"Am I? It's hard not to." He laughs a sly chuckle, his eyes not seeming to leave the girl any soon.

"I swear if that dex guy disappears out of the picture. I won't waste any time to take her."

"Are you holding back just because of that dex?" A mocking scoff follows. Clay glances over his shoulder. A paper cup clutched in his hands, Alex, one of their friends from the basketball team walks towards the duo.

"Dex is just a piece of cake buddy" Alex remarks with a menacing grin, dropping his arms casually around their shoulders.

"But her boyfriend isn't."

A voice is heard, stern and sharp. The trio turns around to find the one they've been talking about.

"Umm just a friendly advice or you can find out yourself." Dex shrugs "I'm not sure it'll be pretty though, you know brown eyes, busted lips or broken ribs."

"What the hell do you take us for?" Clay furiously grabs his collar, his eyes burning in flames of rage. The other two pulls the duo apart before anyone may notice.

"the fck are you doing?" Agust yells at his friend. For once he wants to party without having to deal with any scene. But with Clay and his anger issues it's far from possible.

Dex scoffs and dusts off his collar, tonguing his cheek. Darting his gaze back at the mad beast, he admonishes, "Don't look at Ari. I repeat it won't be pleasant."

"You jerk!" Clay is about to lunge at the younger again but the duo holds him back.

Wriggling in their grasp, he manically barks, "Who do you think you are?"

"Her bestfriend."

__

August 15, 16; 22

Sep 15, 22 , 5:50PM
I hope you enjoyed this. Leave some lovely comments for me then.

SEE YA