XV - Pool

"Ari, where's Jungkook?" Joon shouts, descending down the staircase.

Brewing coffee for myself, I answer from the kitchen,

"There he's." pointing towards the sleeping beauty on the lounge who still don't seem to wake up any soon at all the noise. He must have gone to bed late to be this fast asleep at even 12 in the noon.

With my cup of coffee, I join joon by his side who is observing the younger. Arms crossed, he holds something close to his chest. It appears more of like a photo frame which Namjoon notices and is quick to gently draw it out of his grasp.

"Who's she?" I question, laying my eyes on the girl standing with Jungkook in the frame. She is the one we met in store.

Did they both have some history?

A chuckle escapes his lips as he glances at the girl in picture and then at sleeping Jungkook.

"Evelyn, his first and probably last love." A small smile plays over his lips as he places the frame on the oak table, face down.

I stand there, confused. Of course this information is not enough for me.

"Come with me." He grabs my hand and ushers me to the third floor. He folds his trousers and seats himself on the edge of the pool, dangling his legs into the crystal clear sparkling blue water. He pulls my hand, signalling me to join him so do I.

Staring at the shimmering water, he begins, "That was before he became a fckboy. Infact, he became a fckboy after Evelyn left him."

"Left him?" I furrow my brows. How can someone leave him? He's such a complete softie.

"Hmm, she broke up with him over text and left Venice without anyone knowing. Jungkook tried his best to find her but couldn't. For an year, he daily visited her house hoping that she'd be back but that never happened." He pauses and inhales a deep sigh before turning his eyes towards mine which are melancholic.

He wraps his arm around my shoulder and tugs me closer, "Why are you sad?"

"I feel sorry for him." I let out a low whisper.

"Don't be. Now that Evelyn is here, I know Jungkook won't give up before getting back his girl." He chuckles. A small smile forms on my face. I hope he gets back his love soon.

"He told me that he even has a daughter. Her name is Evie. Such a nice name. Isn't it?" His eyes are filled with sparkles. I nod, mirroring back his dimple smile and drop my head on his shoulder.

There's not just history. It's chemistry and biology too.

"He also said that he'd bring her to meet us soon. I'm excited to meet her little daughter. She's 4." I hum in response. It must be the same girl I met back there in the store.

Out of nowhere, he jumps into the pool and pulls me in.

"JOON." I shout aloud as my face is slapped by the splatters of water but that doesn't stop himself from pulling me closer and placing his lips on mine.

With a subtle smile playing on his lips, he softly and gently caresses my lips with a pair of his dexterous ones, awaking the desires that were fast asleep within me and whispering in his inaudible language to them to take control of me.

_______

📍600 words, 2.11K
📍Aug 10, 22, 6:45pm
📍Edited chapter.
📍Please leave a lots of comments for me.

I got my first paycheck today.. it isn't big but for now it works. Imma buy lotta clothes ;)

P.s. I'm glad this stepfather au isn't one of those where YN's mother calls her to meet her stepfather, she meets him in the evening, says shit like he's so hot, damn he's sexy and instantly falls for him blah blah blah....😂😂😂