XVI - Flowers

Sharing a big bowl of vanilla icecream, we bingewatch blindfold fantasies. Namjoon has to leave for work today early in the morning, leaving me in Jungkook's company.

The ding of elevator echoes, alerting us to an oncomer. We don't budge from the lounge hoping it to be Namjoon but our guess is proved wrong when a person turns up holding bouquets of roses and chocolates.

"Who's it for?" We exchange a glance before I shrug, "It must be for you. What if Evelyn has sent them?"

"That's not gonna happen any soon. She doesn't even talk to me." He deadpans, signing the notepad the delivery boy tells him to before placing the huge bouquet on the table nearby entrance.

"Ari, these are for you." He draws out a note from the red flowers.

"You didn't tell me it's your birthday today. We'd have gone somewhere to celebrate."

My birthday?

I immediately check the date in my phone.

Gosh did I forget my own birthday?

But how would I even remember it? On my birthdays mom would be the one to wake me up, showering with birthday wishes and kisses. And now even it's my birthday but it doesn't feel like one.

Mom I miss you. Do you miss me too?

"Hey hey it's your birthday. Why are you crying pabo? Cheer up." Jungkook wipes the tears that I didn't get to know were rolling down my cheeks. As my vision cleares and settles on the male cupping my face, I find him looking at me with doe eyes filled with genuine concern.

"I'm fine. Just missed Mom. That's all." I wipe my runny nose with the back of my hand. He let go off my cheeks and sits beside me before slithering his arms around me and wrapping me in a warm hug.

"It's okay, you've me and all of the hyungs. We are your family." He comforts me, smoothing his hand on my back. I sniffle and hum against his chest.

Once I draw back, he rubs my head gently, "Me, Jimin hyung, Hoseok hyung, Namjoon hyung, Ji--we are all here for you." The smiles playing over his lips crinkles the corner of his eyes making him look more adorable. Subconsciously my lips stretch in a fond smile as I nod.

As we relax back into the couch, he guides my head to rest on his shoulder and wraps an arm around my shoulder in a comforting manner. Reverting our attention to the screen, we catch up with the show.

"Anyway have you met Jimin and Hoseok hyung?"

"Yea, Namjoon took me to the club where they work."

I am not quite fond of clubs but the three of them made me realise that clubs could be fun too.

Meeting Jimin was similiar to a reuniting with childhood bestfriend. He helped me sneak out and fulfilled my wish to drink beer (although I felt funny later) which of course Namjoon didn't allow.

Hoseok is the perfect dance partner who won't let you feel insecure and back out even if you trip over his feet several times. He guided my unexperienced ass until I finally could match his steps to a certain point. That was the first time I realised I need serious dance lessons.

And also the first time I heard Namjoon sing. It was magical.

"Anyway Jimin hyung is here in Venice. I'll call him up and tell him to drop by whenever he's free." He grins.

"That'd be great." I beam cheerfully, loving the idea to meet him again.

"Who send them?" I point towards the flowers and the chocolate box resting nearby it.