XXXIV - Home Coming

And it doesn't end with third time,

with Jungkook.

Because hour an half later arrives the Park couple and Namjoon has to illustrate for the fourth time. Right when we get to heave a sigh of relief after sending the couple home, hoseok bursts in through the door.

His soul almost jumps out of his body watching Namjoon and he turns to me, petrified,

"C-Can... you see him?" He points his shaky fingers towards Namjoon.

"I'm not a ghost!" Namjoon whisper-shouts so as not to awake Agust.

"You shut up!" He whisper-shouts back to him, "Does the thief ever admit himself to be so?"

I bit my lip, my hand pressed against my mouth to refrain myself from breaking into the fits of laughter bubbling up inside me. Gosh this is just getting even more hilarious.

Namjoon lets out an exasperated sigh and pinches the space between his brows. He looks like as if he has to detail for one more time he probably will go nuts so I step in his rescue "Hobi come with me." I usher him to the loby where I clarify all misunderstandings for the next twenty minutes.

"So that it wasn't his ghost." He contemplates and I move my head in a silent nod.

The dumbfounded expression on his face alters into bewilderment so quickly that I don't get any time to process before I feel myself being squeezed into a bone-crushing hug.

"Oh god thankyou Ari!" He sways me from left to right hysterically that the nurse walking past shoots us awkward glares but I don't mind and sway with him.

"When Jimin told me Namjoon had a terrible accident. I was scared to death. I lost my sister in accident and I didn't want to lose him." His voice softens near the end. It's horrendous when your past traumas reel back and haunt you. A day ago, when I was going through the same Dex consoled me being the wonderful friend he's.

And now I try to be a wonderful friend to hobi and cheer him up by lifting my hand up and gently patting his back. "It's okay. Nothing happened to him. He's sound and safe."

We stay in the same position for a while and by the time he draws back, he's sniffling.

"Go meet him. I'll talk to doctor." He nods and wipes his runny nose with his sleeves.

Whilst the duo catches up, I have a detailed conversation with the doctor about Agust's discharge. She hands me a long list of his medicines and the articles we'll require and also assigns a nurse to help us. Tomorrow we can take him home and proceed with his treatment in a lively environment.

By the time I'm done purchasing all the listed items, it's past eight. I head over to the hospital to hand in his medicines to Dex who volunteered for the night shift to watch over Agust. Probably he's still looking for an opportunity to murder him in his sleep or it's just him being an awesome friend he's.

On the way I stop at a convenience store to grab some snacks.

"I'll take all these." I place the items on the cashier counter.

"Ariana?" That sounds familiar.

"Yohan? Oh hi." I pass him a small smile.

"Did he come?" He roams his gaze around the store.

"Nope it's just me." Disappointment crosses his features yet he quickly covers it up.

"20% discount for pretty customers and a free chocolate chip icecream for my usual one." He smiles and shoves one big bowl of the ice cream into the bag before handing it to me.

"Considering the perks of usual, I'm planning to come here everyday."

"I don't see why not. Bring your friend too." He grins his charming smile.

"God you are simp!" I laugh.

-

By 10 I eventually make it to home after delivering all the medicines and snacks to Dex.

I flick on the lights and the dark living room reveals behind empty cans and takeouts boxes scattered on the coffee table. Reluctant to stain my clothes, I cautiously gather all the trash before throwing it into the bin.

Worn the daylights out, straightaway I head upstairs. The prevailing serves as an indication that everyone has drifted off to their dreamland. Namjoon has given his room to Jungkook while park couple rests in the guest room which means only one room is left. One that used to be mine.

Gingerly I push back the door and find him passed out on the bed. He must be exhausted. It was a long and tiring day for everyone. Not making any sound, I grab one of his tee and make a beeline to bathroom.

"Good night Joon." I whisper and press my lips on his forehead before grabbing one of the pillow and heading to the couch but I'm refrained as a hand grabs my wrist.

"Where are you going?" I glance over my shoulder to find Namjoon peeking from his half closed eyes.

"Couch."

"No come here." He shifts back and pats the space beside him. As I slide in under the covers and lay on my side facing him, he hooks his arm around my waist snuggling me closer to him.

"I hate when you aren't next to me." His hoarse raspy voice comes out muffled through my hairs. The soothing melody of his rythmic heartbeats, his deep raspy voice and his hand smoothening against the back of my head swells my heart with warmth and I'm home.

It isn't moments later that his mellifluous voice fills my ears again. "I want to be with you, for the rest of my life. I love you, so so much." He kisses my hairs.

"I love you too." I look up at him and he's fully awake, staring back at me. "If anyone I picture my future with, It's you. All of my plans, they have you and only you. I'm sorry I've been the worst girlfri--" my words are cut off by his index finger pressing against my lips.

"Stop blabbering nonsense. I couldn't make time for you when you deserve every single second of it. I'm the worst here."

Just what did I do to deserve him?

"Nope. You are the best thing to ever happen to me. I'm the one who's dumb and immature. I have never been in a relationship before and I don't know how it works. I planned to tell you... about that foreign exchange programme once the results come out. I was insecure whether I'll get in or not.." There are many more ambitious and brilliant aspirants to the programme, Agust being one of the example and I practically stand no chance before him.

"Babe you'll be moving to another country... you should have atleast told me before going for it." He softly tucks my hair behind my ear.

"I'm sorry." I whisper, almost pleading. I know he'll never restrain me from pursuing my dreams. It's just that from filling up that form till now, the possibility of having moved to another country never once crossed my mind, probably because I've been too sure about not being fortunate enough and another thing that I was sure of it was the disappointment I might bring to him.

"I didn't want to disappoint you.. what if I don't get it..."

"Disappoint me? Never..." His arms wraps around my shoulder to pull me back into his chest and his lips lay a soft kiss on my head.

"You are my pride, my love and my only one."

__

1269 words, 2:14PM, OCT 7, 22

This was meant to be published yesterday but I had exhausted my data pack so here it's.
Leave your words please.

An update on my crush..

He loves Naruto. He recommended me so I've started watching it (for him) but God damn the series is so long and I'm starting from scratch...

I've watched 2 eps so far.