XIII - Chocolates & Roses

Once the couple leaves for their room, Jungkook hastily swipes his car keys off the coffee table and put on his shades before pressing the elevator button. He rushes inside as the door to metal box opens and presses the pad of his index finger against the button for the ground floor.

As the elevator door opens with a ding, he sprints towards the parking lot, not bothering about the people he bumps into on the way who throw curses at him. He is far more concerned about meeting his daughter.

Back in the store, when his doe eyes met with her beautiful orbs, flashbacks of them together came rushing to him. His legs were glued to the ground, losing all the power of motion. And then it hit him, the little girl he was holding was his own daughter. How he couldn't recognise her? She possessed same facial features as him.

Five years, it has been that long since she broke up with him over a mere text. The little girl must be four. He ponders over as he drives towards the apartment where Evelyn once used to live in Venice when they dated. He still remembers everything about her, her cute little habits, the food she loves the most, her birthday, her phone number and even her address.

He don't realise when hot tears start pouring over his cold cheeks at the retrieval of pleasant remembrances. These five years, he missed her so bad. He was yearning just to get a glimpse of her. He sniffles and wipes the tears and his running nose with the back of his hand. Now that she is here, he won't let her leave him alone ever again. He is determined to make her his.

He stops at a 24/7 convenience store to grab something for his little princess and ends up buying lots of chocolates and sweets. He was having a hard time on deciding which one to buy but didn't want to be anymore late in meeting his family and hence came upon buying a couple of each one present in the store. He leaves the store with six bags, three in each his hand and quickly places them into the backseat before continuing on his way ahead.

As his eyes spot a flower shop which is still opened despite it being late at night, he slams his feet against the brake and without a second thought, buys a small bouquet.

After that, It doesn't take much time and he find himself standing on the porch stairs, hands occupied with brown carry bags and the flower bouquet. His mood lightens up as he inhales its pleasant smell before pressing the door bell.

Footsteps near the door, his heart thumps loudly in his ribcage. The door swings back. His world stopped. Time ceased. Evelyn is also left surprised. She doesn't expect his ex-boyfriend to show up at her doorstop at such ungodly hour. But she is quick to regain from the shock and slam the door on his face. Leaning against the door, she heaves a deep sigh, pressing her hand against her pounding heart.

"Owww." Soon, an agonising wail fills her ears. She turns around and finds his hand stuck between the door and wall. She hastily pulls the door back. As Jungkook draws his hand out, she tries to shut the door again but he is quick to insert his foot inside again.

"Leave Jungkook. I don't want to see you." Evelyn snaps, employing her all vigour in pushing the door close. Jungkook isn't less either. He is comparatively stronger than her.

"I'm not here for you. I'm here for my daughter and you can't keep her away from her father."

Just then, a scream resonates.

"Aaahh." And heavy cries follow.

"Evie." Evelyn gasps in realisation. She lets go off the door in shock. Jungkook takes it as a chance to let himself inside and the couple hurries for the kitchen.

Jungkook is first to approach the little girl, crying on the kitchen counter, big tears rolling down her peachy white chubby cheeks.

"What happened princess?" He quickly lifts her up in his arms and begins to pat her back to calm her down.